Introducing The “How Did That Happen?” Challenge 2020

Liam B

Hey!

The rules are simple! Post a photo with a brief description of what happened to your flying machine, and win a free prize! Plane stuff, quad stuff, whatever you choose from the stuff I’ve got lying around.

I’ll pick the winner of the one I think is most strange or extraordinary sometime in the next few weeks. Good luck breaking things :)

I’ll get you started! :)

0C071306-94B8-4564-A8BC-22E823765CF1.jpeg

What happened?! I tapped a tree. Guess somebody needs to use a little more material on these motor bases haha.

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
3FB3B9BD-33E1-4E7C-B2C7-BEA207F7944D.jpeg
This was a simple scout- my first plane. I crashed it a few times and this was my solution to the nose being broken. I also wanted to make a sea angel like plane and this was my solution. I tried to fly like this but it nosed straight down into the ground. Fun experiment to learn from. I want to revisit though later

LitterBug

Techno Nut
This one was wrecked a few times. Here are pics from THREE separate incidents... Half of it still lives on as a merge with another kit that had been equally abused.
20170924_100530.jpg

When your FPV feed suddenly goes blank and your motor makes a really funny rapid acceleration, you may have lost your wings and control surfaces.
20180528_134616.jpg

AKA Pulling too many G's Too many times. LOL
20180528_140056.jpg

The wing mount has been re glued with excess amounts of glue.
Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Instant replay via ground station FPV DVR:

When you see that branch and think :poop:, not realizing that you already hit the ghost branch in front of it

TheBranchHit.png

Then your Right Front motor is no longer attached :eek: and is still attached to part of the frame....
TheMotorFlies.png

LitterBug

Techno Nut
When you are ripping a 6S pack on a F450, dip behind a line of trees killing your FPV feed, because you didn't use a good antenna, burying the Right front arm in the dirt, burning up the Motor, ESC, and Arm. Thank goodness I had a GPS on it and telemetry, because I would have never found it otherwise.

A450DOHDohdoh.png

20180611_151026.jpg

PS: I FLY crash EVERYTHING!

Last edited: