Introducing the Javelin, simple yet sporty

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Oh yeah I plan on using the Emax RS2306 so itll be very zippy. Even on 3s. Although I can get 5 min flight times out of my arrow if Im heavy on throttle like I like to be but with two motors I figure thatll get cut in half at most and 2 min flight times would be odd
Hm Im skeptical the spar would hold much weight. Although technically itll have less G loading with more weight so tradeoffs ig

OliverW

Legendary member
I really like the looks of this plane. Once @Grifflyer puts out plans I probably will build one. I like the simple sporty looks, and you said it has some 3D capabilities! I am mainly a 3D/XA pilot, so I could really push it for ya

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
I really like the looks of this plane. Once @Grifflyer puts out plans I probably will build one. I like the simple sporty looks, and you said it has some 3D capabilities! I am mainly a 3D/XA pilot, so I could really push it for ya
After doing more testing I don’t really think its as 3d capable as I originally thought. The lack of fuselage surface area makes any sort of knife edge super hard and with an asymmetrical wing the size that it is its hard to keep control inverted as well. However it will do loops literally inside of itself. The only sort of 3d thing I got it to do was a hammerhead into an elevator, and a sort of loose rolling harrier out.

OliverW

Legendary member
After doing more testing I don’t really think its as 3d capable as I originally thought. The lack of fuselage surface area makes any sort of knife edge super hard and with an asymmetrical wing the size that it is its hard to keep control inverted as well. However it will do loops literally inside of itself. The only sort of 3d thing I got it to do was a hammerhead into an elevator, and a sort of loose rolling harrier out.
Sweet! Maybe I can talk it into a blender lol. Or a flush...

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Its a random thought but I think that maybe the future of FT isn’t devoting so much to the master series. They fly scale and are very interesting however they lack strengths that some of the simpler ft designs have and I think its up to us community members to keep releasing our designs of more basic planes to keep everything balanced.

OliverW

Legendary member
Its a random thought but I think that maybe the future of FT isn’t devoting so much to the master series. They fly scale and are very interesting however they lack strengths that some of the simpler ft designs have and I think its up to us community members to keep releasing our designs of more basic planes to keep everything balanced.
Amen to that!

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
I guess I don’t know if the guy built it wrong, he certainly had the CG wrong but it went straight into a tip stall after he tossed it, clipped a snowbank, the wing departed, and the nose separated from the middle fuse. The paper on the outside of the fuse just ripped off with the wing and it seemed like thats where most of the strength comes from

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
I guess I don’t know if the guy built it wrong, he certainly had the CG wrong but it went straight into a tip stall after he tossed it, clipped a snowbank, the wing departed, and the nose separated from the middle fuse. The paper on the outside of the fuse just ripped off with the wing and it seemed like thats where most of the strength comes from
Disclaimer.... I’m probably wrong.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yeah, I definitely hear you on that! Something to discuss with Bixler at ff this year I guess... It’s amazing what John’s putting out and I love building his stuff, but there hasn’t been an easy-to-build plane since the P-40 came out and I kinda doubt there will be in a while. I feel like the FT crew thinks doing a boxy non-scale plane would be boring and not interesting enough for us, but that’s not necessarily true...

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Yeah, I definitely hear you on that! Something to discuss with Bixler at ff this year I guess... It’s amazing what John’s putting out and I love building his stuff, but there hasn’t been an easy-to-build plane since the P-40 came out and I kinda doubt there will be in a while. I feel like the FT crew thinks doing a boxy non-scale plane would be boring and not interesting enough for us, but that’s not necessarily true...
Right. It just has to be the right flight characteristics. And I understand all of the planes FT already has but I keep going back to designs from like 2014-2016 to revisit because they just fly... better. I didn’t really like my P40. Too little wing loading. It just floated forever and was honestly a little boring.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Right. It just has to be the right flight characteristics. And I understand all of the planes FT already has but I keep going back to designs from like 2014-2016 to revisit because they just fly... better. I didn’t really like my P40. Too little wing loading. It just floated forever and was honestly a little boring.
I haven't done the P-40 yet but a buddy is planning on building one to learn on soon, so I'll buddy box with him and that way I'll be able to learn how the p-40 flies.

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
I haven't done the P-40 yet but a buddy is planning on building one to learn on soon, so I'll buddy box with him and that way I'll be able to learn how the p-40 flies.
It flies a lot like the Simple Scout. The only tip I have is if you have high rates set up push down elevator, aileron to one side and the rudder to the other while going decently high on the throttle and mine did pinwheels in the air haha. Other than that it literally lands itself I didn’t even have to flare with mine, it did all that for me 😂😂😂