Introducing the Javelin, simple yet sporty

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Yeah, I definitely hear you on that! Something to discuss with Bixler at ff this year I guess... It’s amazing what John’s putting out and I love building his stuff, but there hasn’t been an easy-to-build plane since the P-40 came out and I kinda doubt there will be in a while. I feel like the FT crew thinks doing a boxy non-scale plane would be boring and not interesting enough for us, but that’s not necessarily true...
This aged like milk huh? Lol FF this year

Vimana89

Legendary member
Yeah, I definitely hear you on that! Something to discuss with Bixler at ff this year I guess... It’s amazing what John’s putting out and I love building his stuff, but there hasn’t been an easy-to-build plane since the P-40 came out and I kinda doubt there will be in a while. I feel like the FT crew thinks doing a boxy non-scale plane would be boring and not interesting enough for us, but that’s not necessarily true...
Been a while since I've seen this thread, and missed this great post. Bruh...so much truth. I love everything FT does, and complex and intricate master series semi-scale warbirds are cool and all...but with scratch building, fun flying, aerodynamic geniuses like the FT crew, they could do so much more with "boxy, non-scale planes" than they have. Look at all my simple and crazy builds for example...they won't win a beauty contest, but aerodynamically, I'm pushing the boundaries trying new stuff all the time. I'd like it if they changed up the pace a bit and made some simpler to build planes that were much more adventurous and unique.

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Been a while since I've seen this thread, and missed this great post. Bruh...so much truth. I love everything FT does, and complex and intricate master series semi-scale warbirds are cool and all...but with scratch building, fun flying, aerodynamic geniuses like the FT crew, they could do so much more with "boxy, non-scale planes" than they have. Look at all my simple and crazy builds for example...they won't win a beauty contest, but aerodynamically, I'm pushing the boundaries trying new stuff all the time. I'd like it if they changed up the pace a bit and made some simpler to build planes that were much more adventurous and unique.
For sure and even non boxy designs that are easier to build like the EDF jet thread I just posted would be great... plus FT only has like 2? 3? EDF platforms on the market

Vimana89

Legendary member
For sure and even non boxy designs that are easier to build like the EDF jet thread I just posted would be great... plus FT only has like 2? 3? EDF platforms on the market
Yeah, they sell a 50mm EDF setup now, and they could make some great cold war classics. The Vulcan is a straight forward design and makes a really agreeable flyer, for example(based on my own prop slot build). There's plenty of great deltas like that available. What about some swept wings like the Mig 19 or Lightning? There's so much they could do in the category of scale or semi-scale cold war jets its just mind boggling.

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Yeah, they sell a 50mm EDF setup now, and they could make some great cold war classics. The Vulcan is a straight forward design and makes a really agreeable flyer, for example(based on my own prop slot build). There's plenty of great deltas like that available. What about some swept wings like the Mig 19 or Lightning? There's so much they could do in the category of scale or semi-scale cold war jets its just mind boggling.
I really hate to say it but theyre kinda losing touch with where they came from ever since they hit 1 mil its been different. Everything is a big build, everything is a full production shoot. Remember the speed video between David and Josh where David lawn darted into the ground at 98 mph and set the plane on fire? That sort of clowning and danger was what made FT popular. Their personality is what made them popular and we don’t ever see that in videos anymore. Josh is happy, Alex is goofy, and every is a toned down version of the original people. The challenges were awesome. Not everything has to fit the “Buy a master series” agenda because “we built a 15ft wingspan version”

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
You know to be fair I really enjoyed the quarantine video chat content because they actually acted like people again reminiscing on all the great projects

OliverW

Legendary member
I really hate to say it but theyre kinda losing touch with where they came from ever since they hit 1 mil its been different. Everything is a big build, everything is a full production shoot. Remember the speed video between David and Josh where David lawn darted into the ground at 98 mph and set the plane on fire? That sort of clowning and danger was what made FT popular. Their personality is what made them popular and we don’t ever see that in videos anymore. Josh is happy, Alex is goofy, and every is a toned down version of the original people. The challenges were awesome. Not everything has to fit the “Buy a master series” agenda because “we built a 15ft wingspan version”
Agreed! I'm impatiently waiting for them to NOT release a master series, and have a normal design! Maybe another wing or something..

Vimana89

Legendary member
You know to be fair I really enjoyed the quarantine video chat content because they actually acted like people again reminiscing on all the great projects
I'll check that out. Definitely not knocking FT, everything they do is at least mildly interesting and entertaining if not straight up awesome. I just think maybe they've done enough basic high wings, molded war birds, and big ridiculous make it fly just to make it fly planes for a while, and might want to hit up several key areas such as cold war jets, unique custom park flyers, etc.

OliverW

Legendary member
I'll check that out. Definitely not knocking FT, everything they do is at least mildly interesting and entertaining if not straight up awesome. I just think maybe they've done enough basic high wings, molded war birds, and big ridiculous make it fly just to make it fly planes for a while, and might want to hit up several key areas such as cold war jets, unique custom park flyers, etc.
Agreed!

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Lol its kinda sad this thread turned into debate about FT’s future because it really featured a cool flying airplane. Idk if anyone else has even built it. I cant garauntee how griff’s redesign builds or flies but the hand drawn plans I made would likely fly just like mine

OliverW

Legendary member
Lol its kinda sad this thread turned into debate about FT’s future because it really featured a cool flying airplane. Idk if anyone else has even built it. I cant garauntee how griff’s redesign builds or flies but the hand drawn plans I made would likely fly just like mine
I really need to build one. I've got a few planes already waiting to be built though..

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
I really need to build one. I've got a few planes already waiting to be built though..
Only thing Id have to say is mine came out nose heavy by quite a large margin and I added a decent amount of clay to the tail... make sure you dont put said clay inside the fuse tube... turns out if said clay comes dislodged and jams said pushrod inside of the fuse it could end poorly

Vimana89

Legendary member
With people kinda depressed about the proposed regulations and covid 19 problem, things have slowed down a bit. I had a lot of interest in my Arrowhead a while back, and a few awesome members built and flew it, but the hype kind of went dormant after that. That's understandable when everyone here has a huge roster of builds they want to do and many who design their own planes have to prioritize their time and effort on developing their own designs. I definitely think your design is pretty cool though, simple and straight forward.

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
With people kinda depressed about the proposed regulations and covid 19 problem, things have slowed down a bit. I had a lot of interest in my Arrowhead a while back, and a few awesome members built and flew it, but the hype kind of went dormant after that. That's understandable when everyone here has a huge roster of builds they want to do and many who design their own planes have to prioritize their time and effort on developing their own designs. I definitely think your design is pretty cool though, simple and straight forward.
Thanks I just wanted to see someone eventually try it because I passed my TX between friends and in 25mph winter winds its the calmest plane we have all ever flown

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Although I must say... I did get kind of bored of how predictable it flew. I like being scared at all times... maybe its time to build a 2750kv 4s punjet

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Welllllllllll Im pretty sure @SP0NZ is almost done with the Kitfox plans that were being released through FT or so Ive heard.... am I wrong Sponz?
If you are referring to the model of Trent Palmer's Freedom Fox, that will be a molded foam ARF. Similar to the Adventure, the Beaver and the new Widgeon. There will be no SBK or plans, because it's not made from Maker Foam. If you are referring to some other Kitfox, then I'm not sure what you are talking about. I haven't seen a foam board version that I can recall.

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
If you are referring to the model of Trent Palmer's Freedom Fox, that will be a molded foam ARF. Similar to the Adventure, the Beaver and the new Widgeon. There will be no SBK or plans, because it's not made from Maker Foam. If you are referring to some other Kitfox, then I'm not sure what you are talking about. I haven't seen a foam board version that I can recall.
Oh alright I think @BATTLEAXE was working on one. Ill look.