Help! Introduction and Bloody Wonder Questions

Kitbuilder

Hello...
I'm new to this site but have several decades of RC experience in kits, building, bashing and glo power. I've built a few foamies over the last few years as wel but electronics is not my thing understanding wise, with motors and amps and currnet draw, etc. etc.

My club is having a combat contest in October and I'm wanting to build the Bloody Wonder. I havea few questions which should be relatively easy to answer I hope

1) Where can I order the ply control horns used in the video of the build. I've made them in the past but success varies.?
2) I'm assuming the foam in the build is basic dollar store type with the paper sandwich?
3) Can i get a list of the electrionics (Motor, esc, battery) that I can purchase. Many plans i've seen utilize components no longer available and i've tried getting similar in the past with mixed results.

Details:
The contest is to last 6 mins with planes still flying being counted for streamer measaure.
I'm planning on the two servo setup (1 for aileron, 1 for evelvator)
Planning to build this without the swappable power cartridge which may save some weight.
We're limited to 3 cells but mah is not constrained so I'm looking for 6 mins at fast flying with a bit to spare.
- The build will go fine but it's the electronics I'm concerned about getting right. I do want 'power'.

I appreciate any assistance.
Thank you
Mike

Headbang

Master member
Hello...
I'm new to this site but have several decades of RC experience in kits, building, bashing and glo power. I've built a few foamies over the last few years as wel but electronics is not my thing understanding wise, with motors and amps and currnet draw, etc. etc.

My club is having a combat contest in October and I'm wanting to build the Bloody Wonder. I havea few questions which should be relatively easy to answer I hope

1) Where can I order the ply control horns used in the video of the build. I've made them in the past but success varies.?
2) I'm assuming the foam in the build is basic dollar store type with the paper sandwich?
3) Can i get a list of the electrionics (Motor, esc, battery) that I can purchase. Many plans i've seen utilize components no longer available and i've tried getting similar in the past with mixed results.

Details:
The contest is to last 6 mins with planes still flying being counted for streamer measaure.
I'm planning on the two servo setup (1 for aileron, 1 for evelvator)
Planning to build this without the swappable power cartridge which may save some weight.
We're limited to 3 cells but mah is not constrained so I'm looking for 6 mins at fast flying with a bit to spare.
- The build will go fine but it's the electronics I'm concerned about getting right. I do want 'power'.

I appreciate any assistance.
Thank you
Mike
I use a bloody wonder for combat. I use the C pack 2215 motor, 30amp esc, and 9g servos. An 8x8 prop works very well for me. I have never had my battery alarm go off in up to 8mins of flying using a 3s 2200mAh pack. (Flite test c pack has all you need except battery, new radial c pack works as well)
Control horns can be 3d printed, made out of craft sticks, bought at a hobby store that sells flite test stuff, bought at the flite test store. In canada great hobbies carries them. You can also use any brand of nylon control horn. The 1/2A ones work ok.
Mine is scratch built out of Adam's white foam board I got for $1.25cad a sheet at dollar tree.
20190618_115145.jpg

Reactions: FDS

Kitbuilder

Thanks... my kit arrived today and while costing a bit more than a few bucks I needed it to comne our correct due to being quite short on time. Hope to get started on it Sunday for an event coming in early Oct at our club