iRangeX iRX6 help

sundown57

Legendary member
I have a flysky I6S . I bought the iRangeX iRX6 to use my drones. I cant get any of them to work. the light on the iRangeX flashes then goes solid but it never binds. After trying it most of the day i realized I am getting no output from the left stick seems only the right one is working. Any one know if i have to change anything on the i6s to get the left stick to work ? i can say that both the left and right sticks on transmitter works fine with the rc plane i have and the simulators i use but not on the iRangeX iRX6

FDS

Elite member
You have to turn on the external module in the model set up, otherwise it defaults to the internal TX, at least it does on OpenTX. Also some multi protocol modules have stopped working with Eachine recently, as they changed the circuit board on their stuff and that stops the multi modules from binding with them for some reason.
There’s two Flysky protocols, AFHDS and AFHDS2. The 6S supports only AFHDS2 whilst some bind n fly models advertised as Flysky are only AFHDS, so that may be another thing you have causing a problem.
No idea about your stick issue.
Sorry you are having problems already.

Last edited:

Keno

Having similar problems but not with Flysky receivers. I'll follow along and see what comes of this.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
What firmware are you using on your Tx?
What Rx are you trying to connect to?
If you are not binding, how do you know your left stick is not working?

Chappie66

I have a flysky I6S . I bought the iRangeX iRX6 to use my drones. I cant get any of them to work. the light on the iRangeX flashes then goes solid but it never binds. After trying it most of the day i realized I am getting no output from the left stick seems only the right one is working. Any one know if i have to change anything on the i6s to get the left stick to work ? i can say that both the left and right sticks on transmitter works fine with the rc plane i have and the simulators i use but not on the iRangeX iRX6
Might help to list the drones/protocols you are trying to bind to.

How have you determined that the left stick is not functioning, using the external module?

sundown57

Legendary member
What firmware are you using on your Tx?
What Rx are you trying to connect to?
If you are not binding, how do you know your left stick is not working?
firmware is 2.00 June 2017, hardware is V_2.2
Rx is a JJRC H36
reason for thinking the left stick is not working.
when i use any combination that does NOT call for rudder input. the bind light on the Irangerx flashes. when i use a combination that DOES call for rudder input the iranger light does not flash, making me think the left stick is not working with the iranger altho it does work fine in sims and when flying my rc plane

sundown57

Legendary member
Might help to list the drones/protocols you are trying to bind to.

How have you determined that the left stick is not functioning, using the external module?
the drone is a jjrc H36. the instruction state to change the protocol to PPM. i did that.

FDS

Elite member
I also read that the H36 may be another one where the boards have been changed by the manufacturer without the radio modules catching up. It certainly doesn’t bind with my JP one.
You can buy new boards for those little brushed quads that have Bayang or FRsky protocol as native. There may be a Flysky one. I will do some digging, they are about $10-15

FDS

Elite member
The Flysky native board is more pricey, here it is in UK money but it’s pronably on Bangood too. It does have full Betaflight and an OSD as well tho.

FDS

Elite member
I have exactly the same problem with my multi protocol T12, it doesn’t bind to any of the three cheap quads I have. The cheap Bayang board might solve the binding issue, if your module supports it. I am buying one at the end of the month to try.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Looking at the instructions for the iRangeX iRX6. I'm not sure it will work with the stock firmware, but I can say for sure. I believe, with OpenTx, you put the module into bind mode through the firmware. That's how I do it with ER9x anyway. I don't believe you can bind with the stock firmware. At least I could not with my old Flysky 9X, you had to push the bind button on back of the module.

Reactions: FDS