Solved Is FT Aura 5 Lite compatible with a Spek AR620 Receiver?

Walden

... Or am I doing it wrong (probably the later). I am trying to get the FT Aura to work with my AR620 in recent scratch build because it is my only receiver. The overview on the store page claims the FT Aura: "Connects easily to receivers or satellites from all major radio brands", although the diagram in the quick guide manual only lists DSMX as connecting through the receiver extension B port not the servo wire B port. FT Aura 5 does not recognize a receiver signal when binding my DX6e transmitter and AR620 receiver with the servo wire connected to the 1/DATA port on the receiver and the servo wire B port. At this point I am tempted to simply give up and purchase a SRXL2 Serial Micro receiver, then again it's often wiser to first ask for a second opinion than to throw parts at the problem.

20200325_155855.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Not unless it has serial out. The manual shows this is a 6pwm rx rather than serial. The other aura models with a large number of ports can do pwm, but not the 5 lite

Last edited:

Walden

Not unless it has serial out. The manual shows this is a 6pwm rx rather than serial. The other aura models with a large number of ports can do pwm, but not the 5 lite

Thanks! And, yeah, it was hard to find a clear yes/no with the brief manuals/videos for the FT Aura 5 Lite, leading me to extrapolate based on the Flex's manuals for the Aura 8 which mostly causes more confusion. o_O

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I really need to complete my aura build. Weather has turned for the good, so I should be able to hit the field now. I'm throwing mine in a Strix Atalus, which is an elevon build much like Josh did on the nano Goblin, just MUCH faster. I have two of the nano goblins but have full GPS with Inav in one and putting Ardupilot on the other.

Last edited:

Walden

Mine is the experimental ground effect vehicle I already finished building. Thanks to one of the reviews on the store, I have confirmation the FT Aura comes capable for elevon+rudder. Nevertheless, I will need to use the config programming tool to setup servo/throttle expos and reduce down elevon travel.

Walden

If you have a receiver extension cable (3 prong, female/female), then it should work (don't order the wrong cable like I foolishly did :rolleyes:). The FT Aura 5 Lite instructional video featuring the FT Nano Goblin used a similar Spektrum DSMX serial receiver to the one you linked.

Ry_tha_Fly

Guys I’m a newbie to this , 11yo and need some help. I can get the Aura 5 to bind to my Spectrum AR410 and my AR6610T (RX bind led goes from flash to solid ) and my dx-6e tx says it’s bound. BBBUUUTT...... the Aura 5 led light say its still searching for RX. Any ideas? Thanks

Battery800

Elite member
Guys I’m a newbie to this , 11yo and need some help. I can get the Aura 5 to bind to my Spectrum AR410 and my AR6610T (RX bind led goes from flash to solid ) and my dx-6e tx says it’s bound. BBBUUUTT...... the Aura 5 led light say its still searching for RX. Any ideas? Thanks
I’m not sure but I think you need a serial receiver

So for my DX6e if I purchase the DSMX SRXL2 Serial Micro Receiver from Spektrum, that should be the answer?

So I'd transmit just to that rx, and that plugs into the Aura, then we're good to go?
Thanks in advance.

Battery800

Elite member
So for my DX6e if I purchase the DSMX SRXL2 Serial Micro Receiver from Spektrum, that should be the answer?

So I'd transmit just to that rx, and that plugs into the Aura, then we're good to go?
Thanks in advance.
I think so. I bought a little serial receiver and it connect fine