Is it just me or did the whole forum layout just change?!?

Nothing seems to be laid out the same as it was even just yesterday. I have to say, if this is a change to the site and not just something dumb I have done to my computer, I don't like it at all. Nothing is where it used to be and the old threads I was following are very hard to find. If this is a change on the FT side, please go back to the way it was. If it's something I did, please help me find the settings I need to make it like it used to be....

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
There had been several complaints about the main page layout being too confusing. Several requests were made to change it to a simpler layout.

I guess I'll just have to get used to it.... I am a bit old and resistant to change. I really don't like the new layout at all, but that's because I was used to the old one.

Dino

It is better but still not best. If it was me this would be the setup. General, Off Topic, classified, planes, helicopters, multi-rotor, scratch builds, FPV, Gallery, Suggestion, Help, Events, State Events. That is about it.. In them topic is a place for ever topic. Just have main all round forums.

Last edited:

Dino

It is better but still not best. If it was me this would be the setup. General, Off Topic, classified, planes, helicopters, multi-rotor, scratch builds, FPV, Gallery, Suggestion, Help, Events, State Events. That is about it.. In them topic is a place for ever topic. Just have main all round forums.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'll take a look at your suggestion Dino. It takes a little while to move things correctly, so you don't accidentally delete threads.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I think they are now in the "Mad Builder's Corner". It is some of your builds that I follow so closely. I had to dig around to find them, but they are there now, I think.

Yeah, I'll confess, I messed that one up some. I meant to carry the whole thing over, but only carried the threads themselves. I'll see if I can correct that.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Hey FM...
I'm not sure if you noticed or just need to get everything moved first, but most of the threads are not updating as being read. Such as, when going to new posts, once it's been read, it's still showing as bold (not read). Just letting you know in case this is something that needs to be fixed as you're moving. If not I guess it's something that can be taken care of after. Either way, thanks for all the work you do!

quorneng

Master member
Nothing wrong with having a simplified initial page.
We have:
Electric Aircraft - All battery powered aircraft. Airplanes, helicopters, multi rotors, ect (?) - Where do unpowered gliders go?
Under that we have:
Electric Helicopters
Electric Fixed Wing Aircraft (This is a huge category. It could really do with further subdivision like Warbirds, EDF, Parkfly, Aerobatic, etc.)
Gyrocopters (The classification says specifically non powered rotors)
Electric Gyrocopters - How is this different from the above category? It has no post or replies!
Electric Multirotors

As it stands the Flite Test site seems to have a rather different 'flavour' to its forum categories compared to other sites, but maybe this is intentional. ;)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Gyrocopters (The classification says specifically non powered rotors)
Electric Gyrocopters - How is this different from the above category? It has no post or replies!
Electric Multirotors

Ooops! Yeah, I'll fix that. Good catch.