Is the spyhawk FPV UK legal

Ok so i have been looking at getting the Spyhawk FPV from Ali over at http://onlyflyingmachines.com/spyhawk.html
also as seen on the recent FliteTest review/overview..
been im unsure on the laws and regulations regarding FPV flight in the UK.. from what i have read everything with the Spyhawk.. SEEEEMS... to be perfectly legal and fine..
This is the site i have been using to do my research.. http://www.fpvuk.org/fpv-law/

Can anyone either confirm or deny what i have said please.. would be a great help..
Does anyone in the UK have a Spyhawk already.?

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
As far as i know ...witch is probably about the same as you..its perfectly legal....the range on the stock setup is 300 to 400 metres also you have to keep the antenna pointed at the plane so you will be doing a lot of line of site flying FPV....witch sort of defeats the object....have you checked out rcmodelreviews on you tube Bruce gives it a good old going over

Nonamerc

Arman
He is not selling it anymore, buy a bixler and 5.8 GHz 200 mw from foxtech arround the same budget but more range.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
:O I'm surprised he dropped the product, it looked cool, but maybe he got too much bad feedback...

Nonamerc

Arman
It was not his product, there are allot more places were you can buy the spyhawk. IMO you should buy the bixler, mount the 5.8 GHz fpv gear and you are ready to go.

after speaking to ali he tells me that the reason it was dropped was because the company (hubsan) are, a joke. They never delievered the amount of stock ordered either on time or in good condition.
They had extremely poor Customer Service and QC and ali had had enough of getting messed about by them so he decided to drop them and (i imagine) all related products.
I think he does still genuinly believe in the product just not the driving force behind it.
Shame really

Rcjim11

Yeh I agree - it didn't even look that good on the review. i would much rather prefer a proper FPV setup and a large/heavy plane

Yeh I agree - it didn't even look that good on the review. i would much rather prefer a proper FPV setup and a large/heavy plane

i agree with you (if u are referring to the FT review) and bruce over a xjet would agree.
However, speaking with ali, he tells me that the changes that have taken place on the spyhawk in terms on redesign is because they have listened, be it to a degree, to wot people have had to say, but there are still a multitude of things that could have been changed.
I still like the spyhawk but after originally ordering around the start of feb i have got all abit fed up with waiting and waiting, and now that HK have opened a UK warehouse it just doesnt seem sane to order from else where, when i now have cheap shipping of planes from HK UK.
just gotta wait for them to start stocking Li-pos..

ANYWAY

rant over.. lol

Maybe they are making it an edf no one knows...

i dont like the sound of that if they do make it edf.. that would (for me) take it away from its routes of being a beginner/inter plane..
edfs arent my idea of a trainer.. and the fact that they have to be flown at a higher speed.. (from wot i understand) would put me massively off..

recommend the bixler mk 1 though would u.?

Nonamerc

Arman
i dont like the sound of that if they do make it edf.. that would (for me) take it away from its routes of being a beginner/inter plane..
edfs arent my idea of a trainer.. and the fact that they have to be flown at a higher speed.. (from wot i understand) would put me massively off..

recommend the bixler mk 1 though would u.?
I am not saying that
they are going to make it an edf. But they can do about everything with it. Yea that would be cool, or maybe something like a zephyr 2 for beginners? Honestly I think that they are going to change the looks and the airframe just abit. Also I think that they are going to change the '''problems' that people had with the bixler Or they are going to make it like the spyhawk but then bixler style with integrated ezosd and 5.8 GHz FPV.

Arman, nonamerc