Is there a B-25 in our future?? (Please! Oh, Please!!!!)

Usafa93

I love watching the background of FT videos to see what is hanging on the wall or "haphazardly" tossed in the corner. Take a look :23 seconds into Operation Melon Drop. Anybody else see what might be a B-25?? Other Ideas? Wing form isn't right for a Beech 18...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.33.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.33.23 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.32.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.32.33 PM.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 0

Niez13

Elite member
I love watching the background of FT videos to see what is hanging on the wall or "haphazardly" tossed in the corner. Take a look :23 seconds into Operation Melon Drop. Anybody else see what might be a B-25?? Other Ideas? Wing form isn't right for a Beech 18...
Look forward to that in the future;)

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I’m excited for all of them, especially the gee bee and the p-47 that is behind the right wing of the b-25!
Also @Tench745, I think that’s a rear turret, not a triple tail.

KSP_CPA

I saw a beautiful foam board B-17 in the back of a video late last year. Probably 1500mm across.

B-25 would be a beautiful project to eventually crash...

JTarmstr

Elite member
Here is what I have seen in the background: Master series B-17, B-25, P-38, P-47, GEE BEE, F-14, F-15. and the now released Cessna 150. so umm yeah, @Splinter189 you are spoiling us.

JennyC6

Elite member
Here is what I have seen in the background: Master series B-17, B-25, P-38, P-47, GEE BEE, F-14, F-15. and the now released Cessna 150. so umm yeah, @Splinter189 you are spoiling us.
Float around the FT FB, you'll see these things flying there. I even managed to pick John Oversteet's ear about some of them; the P-47 is 48" in span and according to him is a great first Master Series!

The B-17 and P-38 were the first ones I saw, wwwaayyy back in the background of the Drive On video about the drift merc.

unknown.png

unknown.png

and hey, looking back through the vid to screencap that, I saw the giant scale Sportster as well! Just now! Didn't even notice this originally.

unknown.png

JennyC6

Elite member

Tonero311

please tell me that someone somewhere whips out Danger Zone whenever the Tomcats get launched...also, mitchell looking boss, needs 3-blade props tho. The mini one looks better with orange 3-blades than the big one does with black 2-blades
Danger Zone😂🤣 exact same thought went through my head too. I wonder if the f-14 are going to be full swinging wing. Seen a video someone done this but found a lot of flex in the fully extended position of the wings. Can't find the video anymore. Was looking for it about 2 weeks ago researching edf projects.

JennyC6

Elite member
Danger Zone😂🤣 exact same thought went through my head too. I wonder if the f-14 are going to be full swinging wing. Seen a video someone done this but found a lot of flex in the fully extended position of the wings. Can't find the video anymore. Was looking for it about 2 weeks ago researching edf projects.
I've seen some videos of that F-14 in action on the FT FB and, yes, it does have fully working swingwings. And you can see one of the three in that preview snap there having full flying horizontal stabs rather than static stabs and elevators as well. Definitely a Master Series build and I'm insanely curious how they're gonna make all of that function while also being reasonably easy for someone to build.

Having a fair bit of play in the system when they're swung fully forward probably wouldn't be a bad thing vis-a-vis flight tendencies. That's when you'd be landing/taking off and if the wings flex upward at that point they'll naturally gain dihedral in the process. More stable. My only real concern is with that egging out the bearing points and/or causing fatigue failures...guess that's why they haven't done a review/build video or put it up for pre-order/purchase yet.

Splinter189

Master member
If you have Instagram, check out @trieditathomeofficial

I have lots of vids if the F14 in action. There is some wing flex but it will not break.

JennyC6

Elite member
If you have Instagram, check out @trieditathomeofficial

I have lots of vids if the F14 in action. There is some wing flex but it will not break.
I imagine, as long as it doesn't egg out the bearings, it'd help with low-speed tendencies anyway. Bit of dihedral coming in when they sweep out, which is where you'd have them when landing/taking off anyway.