Is this adapter safe?

After pulling off the dean's connector of my plane I decided to switch everything to XT60 and I happened to have an extra male connector so I soldered it to a female dean's to make this adapter for my charger so that maybe I can return the one I bought for $10 at the store before I open it. Does anyone see anything wrong with this? I feel pretty confident in it but batteries aren't something I want to be wrong about.
20190419_001240.jpg

Thanks!

mayan

Legendary member
After pulling off the dean's connector of my plane I decided to switch everything to XT60 and I happened to have an extra male connector so I soldered it to a female dean's to make this adapter for my charger so that maybe I can return the one I bought for $10 at the store before I open it. Does anyone see anything wrong with this? I feel pretty confident in it but batteries aren't something I want to be wrong about. View attachment 129428

Thanks!
Looks good to me, not much that can go wrong if you have the red wire soldered to the + and black to the - on both connectors.

evranch

Your strip length looks a bit long on the leads to the XT60 but you have plenty of heatshrink on there, it will work fine. I always like to strip the minimum amount but then again I'm a picky electrician.

Yeah I was considering redoing it cause I accidentally made them a bit long but I figured it's barely going to move anyway so it probably wasnt worth redoing. Maybe I will one day. Thanks guys I'll be returning that other adapter!

mayan

Legendary member
I like to make them shorter and heatshrink the wires so that they are all cover as one, of course that is after I heat shrinked them separately.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
LOL nothing wrong with it...I stepped around that issue by having a "squid cable" that I bought at the AMA Expo West a little over a year ago. It's got almost every connector you need - EC3, EC5, Tamiya, XT60, JST, and one or two others I've never used before.

The one thing it doesn't have is an XT30 connector, though, so I built my own adapter to go from XT60 down to XT30; very similar to your Deans connector. No issues at all with it! :)

Alright thanks for the responses everyone! I ended up redoing the xt60 side with shorter stripped ends cause they were really bothering me lol but it works great!