Is this plane for real or scam????

scam or no? order anyway bc risk/benefit if legit?

• Can’t decide...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cloudseeder

I stumbled upon a 5000kv equipped modern-fighter themed plane that *appears* to have impeccable performance. It land on water/land, waterproof if gets submerged, has Spektrum’s AS3X plus SAFE-select
, can even ascend a 45 degree rocky slope on its belly, and appears very sturdy. Seems perfect for learning to land in snow, where I may be submerged (or frozen lakes if thin ice gives way).
...BUT IT’S ONLY $45...?!
7A321792-A28D-49D0-BFB0-B49D9616B69F.jpeg

Here’s the catch... I found the plane on several websites *for wildly varying prices* ...and while they each have different website names, they all use the exact same content / html template + logo fonts (so... same seller I expect)

It’s called “Phantom RC Fighter 3.0”

I’m guessing these are not authentic spektrum receivers (a safe select Rx would cost more than the plane 😁), so how else to sell cheap.
...or, maybe a new builder trying to build repute for his brand (these are ‘limited pre-order’).
....OR... it’s a scam!

can anyone take a look and let me know if you know anything?

**link: site selling for $45

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I feel like it might be a scam because when I searched it up and clicked on 2 of the websites that showed, I got a page not found. Also, one of them showed me the hydro flask logo? It might not be a scam though, but be careful cause it seems sketchy to me.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Also, in the YouTube description for the video, there is a link to where you can buy it, but when I clicked the link it showed me an f-22 raptor. Somebody in the comments also said that they fot a raptor. One more thing though. There seems to be another plane called phantom rc fighter 3.0, of course it’s an f-22.

kilroy07

Legendary member
I saw something similar (the Night Raidan for $45...) used paypal and it was a scam, but a month later I had my money back....
So, i guess my final verdict is, it looks cool.... if you don't mind the hassle if things go south I say go for it (expecting that it is a scam of course.)

cloudseeder

I feel like it might be a scam because when I searched it up and clicked on 2 of the websites that showed, I got a page not found. Also, one of them showed me the hydro flask logo? It might not be a scam though, but be careful cause it seems sketchy to me.
The youtube video I found linked me to PeggyNetwork.com where it is also the same design, except there it’s inconsistently labeled 5.0 or 3.0, and about $70 (w/o battery)... however yes I have seen F22s pop up in google search for same RC plane.
I think i’m leaning towards buying the $45 model so far, based on feedback... sketchy? absolutely. doesn’t even have any specs. looks a 4 channel from pics. i’m guessing the battery is a 2s..? it’s weird to be ordering planes from sites that don’t seem at all technical... but if it’s really got as3x, safe select, and land/sea capability without clunky pontoons or etc, seems like a great gamble for $50.
Still welcoming further feedback, i’ll take a few days to decide based on the opinions I hear!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Maybe some other company is banggooding Banggood at their own game. So That leaves the thought process that someone made a cheap copy out a cheap knock off item. So now by banggood standards instead of ordering 10 of the same item to get one or two working units you have to order 20 :geek:o_O
I've only ever had one thing from Banggood not work, and all bits have been exactly as described, guess I'm just lucky. :)

FastCrash45

Elite member
I stumbled upon a 5000kv equipped modern-fighter themed plane that *appears* to have impeccable performance. It land on water/land, waterproof if gets submerged, has Spektrum’s AS3X plus SAFE-select
, can even ascend a 45 degree rocky slope on its belly, and appears very sturdy. Seems perfect for learning to land in snow, where I may be submerged (or frozen lakes if thin ice gives way).
...BUT IT’S ONLY $45...?!
View attachment 149405
Here’s the catch... I found the plane on several websites *for wildly varying prices* ...and while they each have different website names, they all use the exact same content / html template + logo fonts (so... same seller I expect)

It’s called “Phantom RC Fighter 3.0”

I’m guessing these are not authentic spektrum receivers (a safe select Rx would cost more than the plane 😁), so how else to sell cheap.
...or, maybe a new builder trying to build repute for his brand (these are ‘limited pre-order’).
....OR... it’s a scam!

can anyone take a look and let me know if you know anything?

**link: site selling for $45
I've tried these s o called sales twice and been burned both times. I had to have my bank investigate them both to get my money back. Id stick with flite test planes or other well known outlets.

cloudseeder

Maybe some other company is banggooding Banggood at their own game. So That leaves the thought process that someone made a cheap copy out a cheap knock off item. So now by banggood standards instead of ordering 10 of the same item to get one or two working units you have to order 20 :geek:o_O
(mind blown)
after looking at banggood, the only possible way the plane I found has SAFE and spektrum stuff is off someone truly is doing a knock-off of the banggood plane.
That said, the knockoff-knockoff is really tempting despite the clearly sketchy nature of... well, everything about it (how is it that an EPP/EPO plane can have a guy STAND on it and not break? How could they possibly submerge the electronics, hatch open, then fly off?)

Bricks

Master member
Why would any one give scammers money as they get to keep the money even thou you get yours back. As Psyborg said even IF you get it more then likely a piece of junk.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
So...

At this time of year, when shopping is at an all time high and online "deals" are perpetrating the interwebz for Christmas gifts, it also means scammers are trying to sucker in more and more people with deals "too good to be true."

The sale MIGHT be legit, but if the plane keeps changing through the site you're looking at, or you keep seeing wildly varying prices, that usually sends up a big red flag to me. I would be VERY leery.

The other thing with planes like this is that I've seen a lot that are from weird manufacturers that you've never heard of before, being sold through various hobby stores, and they're ONLY in stock for the holidays. That usually means someone trying to turn a quick buck off of cheap, shoddy design. I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but I would be VERY cautious. Last thing you want is your credit card or bank info showing up in a hacker's paradise and cleaning out your accounts.