Is this tx/rx any good

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter including 2.4Ghz Module & 8ch Receiver FPV UK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There doing these on ebay for £80 ($128) buy it now
My question is does anyone use this gear and is it any good.
It seems awfully cheap for nine channel 2.4ghz fully mixable system?
140.jpg

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
It would be helpful to have a link.
I googled the name, and came up with this. Now either I'm dreaming, or it's April 1st. If I can read correctly, it says $39.79. Backordered. Whoa.
Anyway, read the reviews. You might find them interesting.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 100
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 32

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Brian,

I've been looking at this one for some time and all I hear are good things. Flite Test already did a review on it and that's what got me liking it in the first place.
http://flitetest.com/forum/showthread.php?194-Turnigy-9X

I also know that bmsweb also has first hand knowledge with this radio setup and he's always said good things too. I consider both of these to be very credible sources of information. If/when I get one I'd be happy to throw in my 2 cents.

Jim

Kirk Lewis

This transmitter is amazing for the price. I would definitely recommend it, I've heard there are dodgy ones but chances are you'll get a good one. I certainly did, and the programming features on this tx are pretty good considering what you're paying. I've noticed that when you buy the really cheap transmitters that the stick don't feel that nice but the sticks on this transmitter feel great. You hold this transmitter and if you close you're eyes you probably would'nt tell the difference between this and a similar Spektrum model.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Cheers for the feedback...its gonna be a lot cheaper for me to get one from HobbyKing and pay the shipping than it would be
to get one in the uk from stock.....mmmmmm i will see

earthsciteach

I own this TX and am VERY happy with it! I paid $52 for it from Hobby King. With shipping to U.S. from Honk Kong, it was $74.00. I think it is a bit less expensive now that it is available from the U.S. warehouse.

At any rate, the price is amazing compared to any comparable TX. I have found a couple of issues with this TX. First, the connection from the battery holder to the TX is sketchy. I've lost power twice due to this poor connection. Second, there is NO reasonably helpful manual that goes along with this TX. The saving grace to this is two-fold. 1) There is a lot of info posted on youtube to help with programming, and 2) the menus are pretty intuitive, so I was able to figure most of it out on my own.

I highly recommend it. The small headaches are very much worth the cost savings!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
I know people who rather gouge out their own eyes with a sharp rock than use anything made by Turnigy but I have never had one of those people admit to ever owning or using anything made by Turnigy. Furthermore, they cannot give me any specific instances or information about how Turnigy products have failed them. I thought about getting one of these radios just to give it a try but I fear I'll be dragged off of the flight line. :black_eyed: I found a vert reputable man in New Zealand who has a few Youtube channels and a few websites and I believe he has done a review on this radio.

http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/
http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions?feature=mhee&s=9fNuN0moySs8PbyoWHXHNIj8HXwuAvaoKNLaVmIva1g
http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions?feature=mhee&s=9fNuN0moySs8PbyoWHXHNMybtfxWIRE4Vw1xdrwnlz0

Prowler901

I have the Flysky version of this radio. It is the same as the Turnigy. It really is a great value. I've installed a programmer board into mine and re-flashed the firmware with a program called er9X. It is much better than the stock firmware. Much more versatile and intuitive. Plus it is heavily supported by the user group. You can read more about it here.

Regards,
Todd

brunoq

go for it

I bought mine this month....nice radio...very nice for the price....has got everything a newbie need....and a lot of settings tha can be done, I only use a few of them since i'm still learning....but i can 100% confirm that it is the best buy you can get, radios speaking.

Regards

brunoq

and just one more thing.....DejaD "I found a vert reputable man in New Zealand who has a few Youtube channels and a few websites and I believe he has done a review on this radio"..........

This Man is Bruce Simpson....if not the number 1 on the job one of them for sure....40 years experience...it's something....i learn almost everything with him and the guys from flitest....but Mr Simpson is the nº1

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I wish the Turnigy 9x had been out when I paid $450 for my DX8!!! I bought a 9x last month and my only complaint so far is it only had a 7 model memory...surely it wouldn't take the price up too much to give it a 20 model memory?

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Easy. Short press on ENTER saves your setting and goes back to the previous menu. Pressing EXIT will not save changes.

This radio is better than good value. I haven't done any mods to mine and it has been great. It takes a little bit of playing around to get used to programming it, but it's simple enough after about half an hour of playing and the occasional use of online references. Don't bother getting a manual for it, as they don't help much. Online tutorials are much better and easier to follow.

Apparently if you do want to modify it, it's pretty simple to do.

My only complaints are that it uses a lot more juice than my old non-programmable radios and the rx is enormous, but I'm putting in a lipo in the next couple of days and if I wanted a smaller rx any flysky (or rebadged) one will work.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I know people who rather gouge out their own eyes with a sharp rock than use anything made by Turnigy but I have never had one of those people admit to ever owning or using anything made by Turnigy. Furthermore, they cannot give me any specific instances or information about how Turnigy products have failed them. I thought about getting one of these radios just to give it a try but I fear I'll be dragged off of the flight line. :black_eyed: I found a vert reputable man in New Zealand who has a few Youtube channels and a few websites and I believe he has done a review on this radio.

http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/
http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions?feature=mhee&s=9fNuN0moySs8PbyoWHXHNIj8HXwuAvaoKNLaVmIva1g
http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions?feature=mhee&s=9fNuN0moySs8PbyoWHXHNMybtfxWIRE4Vw1xdrwnlz0

I am a big fan of Turnigy batteries, motors, chargers, esc's, haven't tried their radios yet because I already have spektrum radios, but their other products give me faith that their radios will be just as good. I hear about some problems though.