Is Willy Nillie a "real" company....my experience says no!

Icedog

I'm sure there are many experiences that can be related...mine is negative. I ordered one of their prototype kits that looked like it might be a fun project. Contrary to their advice that shipping might take up to 10 days...I got it in less than a week. It arrived at my doorstep-box crushed with fatal damage to the contents. While recognizing that they have no control once it leaves the building I reached out to them the same day, with pictures, and asked for a replacement. Something which I expect most, if not all, vendors would supply....crickets. It's not like I was even told no...there was absolutely no response to multiple emails and phone messages. Not exactly first, or even third, rate service. So I wrote off the $60 as education.

Based on my experience I would stay far away.

tetraodontoxin

If you get no where with the vender, submit a claim to the shipper. While most businesses will replace damaged items. They will also usually file a damages claim. its unfortunate they havent responded, depending on how big their business is, it can take a bit to get a response especially if they have a few staff members. Or things can get lost in the day to day. I would definitely look into a damages claim with the shipper.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I can say @Willy Nillies is a real company, I have been in his shop. They are one person shop & sometimes life gets in the way. I’m sure he will contact you soon.

Michael9865

Elite member
I can say @Willy Nillies is a real company, I have been in his shop. They are one person shop & sometimes life gets in the way. I’m sure he will contact you soon.
I agree that Willy Nillies is real. I think Doug and Becky are at Small 2023 in Arkansas this weekend. Having a small business and having a full time career is difficult. I also agree with giving him a bit more time to respond. I have been fortunate and satisfied in my orders from them.

Bo123

Elite member
I'm sure there are many experiences that can be related...mine is negative. I ordered one of their prototype kits that looked like it might be a fun project. Contrary to their advice that shipping might take up to 10 days...I got it in less than a week. It arrived at my doorstep-box crushed with fatal damage to the contents. While recognizing that they have no control once it leaves the building I reached out to them the same day, with pictures, and asked for a replacement. Something which I expect most, if not all, vendors would supply....crickets. It's not like I was even told no...there was absolutely no response to multiple emails and phone messages. Not exactly first, or even third, rate service. So I wrote off the $60 as education.

Based on my experience I would stay far away.
Thats a shipping issue not willy Nillies' fault.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I still have a willes kit sitting on a table unbuilt from years back. they use those triangle USPS boxes that get destroyed on the sorting conveyors. When mine arrived one end was soaking wet half the cardboard missing just tapped over with clear packing tape. It was missing all the electronics, the 3d pointed motor mount one of the rolls of covering all the landing gear.

I was so frustrated and just decided to not support them after that. I wrote them an email showing what I received not even asking for replacements or refunds but to let them know about that style package. I did work for the post office years back and watched first hand how bad them triangle boxes get treated.

All I got back in response was some blah blah blah we are sorry and a confirmation they would continue using the same packages. So you are not the first to have this happen and evidently years later they still have not resolved the problem.

It really is a shame because the kits seem pretty nicely done and the balsa cuts look clean and sound. But ya cant help someone who doesn't want to acknowledge they need it.

Willy Nillies

Elite member
For what it's worth, We did send a replacement kit. We apologize for the delay. Many factors were involved.

Sincerely,
Doug (and Becky)
WillyNillies.com

Willy Nillies

Elite member
I still have a willes kit sitting on a table unbuilt from years back. they use those triangle USPS boxes that get destroyed on the sorting conveyors. When mine arrived one end was soaking wet half the cardboard missing just tapped over with clear packing tape. It was missing all the electronics, the 3d pointed motor mount one of the rolls of covering all the landing gear.

I was so frustrated and just decided to not support them after that. I wrote them an email showing what I received not even asking for replacements or refunds but to let them know about that style package. I did work for the post office years back and watched first hand how bad them triangle boxes get treated.

All I got back in response was some blah blah blah we are sorry and a confirmation they would continue using the same packages. So you are not the first to have this happen and evidently years later they still have not resolved the problem.

It really is a shame because the kits seem pretty nicely done and the balsa cuts look clean and sound. But ya cant help someone who doesn't want to acknowledge they need it.

For what it's worth, We haven't used triangle boxes for quite some time. We use ASTM rated rectangle boxes that are rated substantially higher than USPS minimum standards. Shipping damage STILL happens, doesn't matter what box you use and how you pack it. Careless handlers can damage an anvil with a rubber hammer if they are having a bad day. We also use UPS and FedEx depending on location and other logistics. UPS is our biggest damage claim shipper. Amazingly, we haven't had 1 Fed Ex claim.... Yet.

Sincerely,
Doug (and Becky)
WillyNillies.com