ISO DX8 OR DX8e

AlvaFlightTest

Looking to buy one of these transmitters. Let me know what you got. Also located in Texas, DFW area so I could also pick it up if its close enough.

chrisvdv

With the new "NX" range of spektrum transmitters that was released this year there is heaps of good quality secondhand DX8 and 9 Gen 2 transmitters to be had for not much. Keep an eye on the classifieds of the RC forums.

AlvaFlightTest

Yeah, I saw that and the NX stuff looks good but just more then I'm looking to spend. The only problem I'm having is the majority of the people I see listing a DX8 are listing it as new are "barely used" "practically new" and want almost full retail. But I'll keep looking, thanks.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Yeah, I saw that and the NX stuff looks good but just more then I'm looking to spend. The only problem I'm having is the majority of the people I see listing a DX8 are listing it as new are "barely used" "practically new" and want almost full retail. But I'll keep looking, thanks.

That's pretty much any used transmitter - people want enough to pay for a new transmitter. If you get half of what you paid, you've done good, as far as I'm concerned.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang

Bricks

Master member
The DX8 linked is the early version and is not near as capable as the DX8 black series. Just one thing it does not voice for switch changes etc, and if I remember right not near the model storage capacity or telemetry..

AlvaFlightTest

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
After my dad’s passing, I was considering selling his Dx6 and DX8.

Then I found out our club’s trainer transmitters were mostly DX5e and DXe radios, which didn’t have timers and were barely functional - and being that I’m taking on the role of a flight instructor this year, I opted to make sure I had decent equipment, at least. So I kept the Dx8 to Buddy box with my ix12 and donated the DX6 to the program for one of the other instructors to use.

And in all honesty, it’s what my father would have wanted, anyway...