Isolation... what are you doing?

Michael9865

Elite member
I also finished up a Mini Infineon that I started back in February 20th.

9D8B6DA5-91A9-49DB-92D6-F55EE4E49C39.jpeg A91E15C0-153F-435C-95A3-BC7782235961.jpeg 13E3F7D6-94E1-4F56-B250-4746F7C5AB75.jpeg 5822979E-5A9F-4447-A771-AB79830588FA.jpeg
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...eon-EPP-Bipe-Free-Plans-Build-Guide-and-Video

Captain Jay

Elite member
I have been showing my progress over on “The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off” thread. My FT Simple Scout V-Tail Edition by jpot1 is ready for V-tail servo installation, a firewall, and a trip to Dollar Tree for some poster board. Might have to wait for the travel ban to be over where I live to get the final items, we shall see.

View attachment 162494 View attachment 162495
That looks cool...

Captain Jay

Elite member
Progress is going well. A little smaller to accommodate a hand tossing.
Measure are available as I go along. I'll add the pics if someone wants them. Or just at the end as a downloadable zip file might be best..

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_1000461.jpg
    IMG_20200321_1000461.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200321_1035410.jpg
    IMG_20200321_1035410.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Captain Jay

Elite member
Is this one gonna be twin 50mm?
I put the2 x 50mm QX motors in I got yesterday. The 4s ones at 4000kv for a 950gram thrust as advertised. Hmmmm
On another note, I find it extremely difficult the get thrust tubes lined up perfectly straight and inline. It takes me a long time to get them 99% right by eyeballing. Is there a better way??? Maybe someone has tips I should know about for next time...

Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I'm thinking about rebuilding my LongEZ - the dog bumped the table I had it sitting on, and it fell off, completely bending one of the canards. I hadn't even had a chance to maiden it and it's already "crashed"...

I'm also thinking about taking my TinyWhoop out for a flight around the dog park at my complex. I figure it'll be the closest thing to getting out and going for a walk right now, since I'm not supposed to be outside.

perhapsleiana

Elite member
I'm not in full isolation, but I do have a lot of time on my hands, so I'm designing and building away. I can get outside to test things as weather allows. But if anyone is looking for a challenging build, I lack the beveling mastery to create my Arwing with its non-profile fuselage. Have at it if you want a challenge.

Attachments

• Arwing Fuse 2 FP Final.pdf
    768.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Arwing v0_3.pdf
    134.3 KB · Views: 0

Bricks

Master member
Not really in isolation but figured it was time pulled down my old Wayfarer Bi plane that was stick built that I picked up about a 2 years ago, getting the servos, receiver, Life battery set up and it is getting a Saito 50 four stroke as it seems something this old should not sound like a glo or gasser. Not the one I have but here is a pic.

Attachments

• Wayfarer.jpg
    Wayfarer.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 0

Captain Video

I spent a few hours repaing my Apprentice S 1.5 which had a broken elevator and a couple split connections between the elevator and the control surfaces. I also am working on my Radian XL 2.6 m glider which I believe has a bad motor. The ESC will work the control surfaces but not the motor. No start up beeps. when i manually move the prop there seems to be some resistance. Perhaps my imagination. I have resoldered all the connections but there is no response from the motor. I will pull the motor, once I can free the prop spacer from the prop spinner. If anyone has a suggetion, I am willing to entertain it.
Thanks in advance.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Finished the Simple Stick on Friday and fixed my sailplane. Tonight I'm revisiting DLGs, I'm running out of receivers so I ordered another Lemon. For those who aren't familiar these are great little receivers, I had one in my Bird Dog and now in my Simple Stick. The cheapest ones are about $9 and in my experience they're among the better DSMX compatible receivers.
https://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=72&product_id=180

Captain Jay

Elite member
so my evil genius plan of stocking foam board to build a bunch of planes was just brake checked by the fact i have no more 9G servos. amazon say's April 24 for delivery... :ROFLMAO:

oopss!

laters,

me :cool:

If 6 are only $14 bucks Canadian. How cheap are they in American $. Just received a dozen yesterday... what to do with them??? Got no plans at the moment. Just needed to stock up for a rainy,Covid-19 day... haha
[CA$14.72 33% OFF]6PCS Racerstar SG90 9g Micro Plastic Gear Analog Servo For RC Helicopter Airplane Robot RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/B8ocDoWU94

Or you could go metal gear for another $5.00

[CA$20.17 49% OFF]6PCS Racerstar MG90S 9g Micro Metal Gear Analog Servo For 450 RC Helicopter RC Car Boat Robot RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/gdotf5bV94