Isolation... what are you doing?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I spent a few hours repaing my Apprentice S 1.5 which had a broken elevator and a couple split connections between the elevator and the control surfaces. I also am working on my Radian XL 2.6 m glider which I believe has a bad motor. The ESC will work the control surfaces but not the motor. No start up beeps. when i manually move the prop there seems to be some resistance. Perhaps my imagination. I have resoldered all the connections but there is no response from the motor. I will pull the motor, once I can free the prop spacer from the prop spinner. If anyone has a suggetion, I am willing to entertain it.
Thanks in advance.
I’ve had that issue once before and it ended up being my receiver... I honestly doubt it’s the motor - I would see if it’s the esc or receiver first.

daxian

Elite member
working on a 250 gram slow flier ...close but not quite there yet !!

Attachments

• P3220002.JPG
    P3220002.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • P3220001.JPG
    P3220001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Captain Jay

Elite member
Making some progress on the smaller twin 50mm... hope this one will hand toss for me. Maybe I better have full flaps when the maiden happens...
Last pic is a size comparison to the bigger twin 63mm
My son's Elmo is making sure everything lines up right...

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_2306424.jpg
    IMG_20200326_2306424.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200326_2305277.jpg
    IMG_20200326_2305277.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200321_1035410.jpg
    IMG_20200321_1035410.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I wish I could concentrate of the models, (mind you I have been testing their setups and state of repair, (I have quite a few!
But as to what I am really doing I am packing:poop:. A neighbour is in self isolation and my son who visited yesterday and touched almost everything i own as well as being really close for a considerable time is now forced into self isolation as one of his workmates has been diagnosed with COVID-19.

Stay safe!

Making some progress on the smaller twin 50mm... hope this one will hand toss for me. Maybe I better have full flaps when the maiden happens...
Last pic is a size comparison to the bigger twin 63mm
My son's Elmo is making sure everything lines up right... and it keeps staring at me. I don't like it. Hahaha sometime it just start moving and saying things on its own.
Good job!

Captain Jay

Elite member
I wish I could concentrate of the models, (mind you I have been testing their setups and state of repair, (I have quite a few!
But as to what I am really doing I am packing:poop:. A neighbour is in self isolation and my son who visited yesterday and touched almost everything i own as well as being really close for a considerable time is now forced into self isolation as one of his workmates has been diagnosed with COVID-19.

Stay safe!
Shitty take care!!

Michael9865

Elite member

Stay safe!

Praying for you and your families safety. Stay healthy.

OliverW

Legendary member
Nice kit! Where'd you get it from, Balsa USA? I've been wanting to build up a balsa, but want to start from a kit rather than trying to build one up completely from scratch.
It is the great planes ultimate. Nothing had really fit right tho. I highly recommend the balsa usa stick 40 for a first kit

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It is the great planes ultimate. Nothing had really fit right tho. I highly recommend the balsa usa stick 40 for a first kit

I'll look into that...May have to contact them and see if they offer it with electric conversion. I know some people would say that's blasphemy, but at $15/gal for fuel plus the messiness of it at the field (and that I see SO many guys fighting with trying to get their fuel engines going at the field), I'd rather fly electric.

OliverW

Legendary member
I'll look into that...May have to contact them and see if they offer it with electric conversion. I know some people would say that's blasphemy, but at $15/gal for fuel plus the messiness of it at the field (and that I see SO many guys fighting with trying to get their fuel engines going at the field), I'd rather fly electric.
It would be easy to convert on your own. You just cut a firewall to size, epoxy it on, and use some triangle stock as reinforcement

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
On that note, when will you upload the plans for mustang? I cant wait! I wanted to build the corsair, but then I saw the mustang. Now I want to build both :D
It will be at least another week before I have them done.

Captain Jay

Elite member
There looks like a lot of raw foam edges all around. I'm wondering if you leave it or seal the edges somehow? Such as a hot glue bead and wipe it off so it's just a thin layer? I'm wondering what others do??? Buy the way, that's a great looking bi plane. I love bi planes!!!

Last edited:

Michael9865

Elite member
There looks like a lot of raw foam edges all around. I'm wondering if you leave it or seal the edges somehow? Such as a hot glue bead and wipe it off so it's just a thin layer? I'm wondering what others do??? Buy the way, that's a great looking bi plane. I love bi planes!!!

The Mini-Infineon is for indoor flying, so the edges will be left raw. I have thought about ironing the edges, but decided to wait and see how it flies before doing anything else to it. Also on the thread on RCGroups the pictures show square edges on the epp builds. A guy that fli at our indoor fly ins has a full size epp Infineon and it flies amazing.

Captain Jay

Elite member
The Mini-Infineon is for indoor flying, so the edges will be left raw. I have thought about ironing the edges, but decided to wait and see how it flies before doing anything else to it. Also on the thread on RCGroups the pictures show square edges on the epp builds. A guy that fli at our indoor fly ins has a full size epp Infineon and it flies amazing.
Oh okay, cool. Ya you have to keep that weight down. And for indoors I'm sure that just fine...