Issue with binding my Nano QX to the OrangeRX module in my Turnigy 9XR Pro

I've recently receive my new radio and transmitter module to use with my Nano QX. I have the OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2/Devo 2.4GHz Selectable Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy Compatible) installed in the Turnigy 9XR Pro and I'm having issues.
The problem isn't in the binding as the light on the QX goes solid after holding the bind button. The issue is that it does not throttle up. I'm using the TAER configuration on a mode 2 with the flight mode switch in channel 6. The flight mode switch is the only thing that works.
Please help.

Scrap that, finally worked when I changed the DIP switch on the back of the module so switch 3 was the only one on then rebound it. I'll leave this here in case somebody else has a similar issue.

DharanFlyer

I don't know if it is related but my specific Nano QX won't work when bound to my Dx6i. I spent an hour on the phone with Hobby Zone trying to fix and it ended with "That's Weird". Works find with the RTF Tx.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Seems to be a common problem with the new Orange switchable model and micro BNF models. Auto doesn't bind properly. On my DSMX Vapor, it binds but only Elv and Rud work. Thr doesn't work except very intermittently. Switching to Manual DSM2 (SW1-OFF, SW3-ON, SW4-OFF) it seems to work. I haven't tried any other settings. Some problem with the Orange DSMX implementation I'm guessing. Bit disappointing.

Also, even just using DSM2 it doesn't keep bind between power cycles which is more annoying. Have to re-bind it every time.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with having to constantly rebind it. I did a little research and it appears that the only full solution is to purchase the older model of the OrangeRX. Here's the forum thread I discovered, it details the different solutions for each radio.

Some one in this thread suggested that you invert the throttle channel as it uses spectrum. It does briefly mention this somewhere in the Nano QX manual but its not made very clear. Hope it works, if not, give the rest of the thread a read, it fixed my issue eventually.

jipp

so you need to buy the old module then you would not have any issues?
i wonder why they changed it, maybe when they added the walker protocol? shrugs.

this is setting up the taranis but may work for your radio.
it shows what he is talking about inverted.
http://dustin.sallings.org/2014/12/25/taranis-and-the-nano-qx.html i booked mark it for future reference. as i wanted to use the taranis with my nano/spectrum BNF models down the road so i can give my dx6 to someone who needs a radio and is short on funds.. rock on.
chris.

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I had this exact same problem with my OrangeRX module in my Taranis Plus. DIP switch worked, but needed to rebind all the time. Very annoying. My final solution to the problem was to build a custom DSM2/DSMX module per this thread http://flitetest.com/articles/spektrofy-your-taranis

Took a little soldering work and a donor DX5e radio, but it's super sweet!! True model memory with all the Specktrum BNF planes!