Issue With Taranis

LUSTR3

So I have just built a new quad with Kiss Fc and ESC's, but all my controls are very delayed as seen in the short video below. Could this have something to do with the taranis, or would it be a quad issue. I have tried to re flash both the FC and the ESC's but had no luck.

https://youtu.be/zhAVgagBv1o

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Wow that is a weird one. It almost acts as if throttle was tied to a three position switch where each position sets a throttle speed instead of a linear along the range. That or a really weird throttle curve. Did you by chance copy this model and then edit it? or maybe make a model based on a heli and not a multi rotor or basic TAER set up?

LUSTR3

Wow that is a weird one. It almost acts as if throttle was tied to a three position switch where each position sets a throttle speed instead of a linear along the range. That or a really weird throttle curve. Did you by chance copy this model and then edit it? or maybe make a model based on a heli and not a multi rotor or basic TAER set up?

Before i re flashed the FC I did make a backup, but it was all default settings. And still after re flashing i have not messed with the PID settings or throttle curve, i will upload images with my current PID settings and my throttle curve.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Is the X4R white or black?

x4r-frsky-no-sbus.jpg

x4r-frsky.jpg

The white X4R only has PWM outputs (no Sbus or CPPM). You need the X4R-SB (black) for Sbus

LUSTR3

Is the X4R white or black?

x4r-frsky-no-sbus.jpg

x4r-frsky.jpg

The white X4R only has PWM outputs (no Sbus or CPPM). You need the X4R-SB (black) for Sbus

I am using the FrSky X4R-SB (Black) In SBUS Mode.

The drone does what I tell it to do just not when I tell it to do it.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I was hoping it was something easy ;)

What motor protocol are you using? What escs?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I would suggest the following test, if you can:

Connect a single ESC/Motor pair to a single PWM channel on the X4R-SB (say ch1/output 1) and setup a new model on the TX with that channel on throttle. See if the PWM output is smooth and linear.

If so, it's most likely something on the flight controller setup.

LUSTR3

I am currently using Dshot150 ESC Protocol, with Kiss ESC's. I have tried all the other available protocals but had no luck.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I've never seen anything like your video.

There is a lot of complicated stuff going on between your transmitter and your receiver. IMO you need to split the difference to try to isolate the component giving you the trouble.

I second Mak. Get the FC out of the loop and try it 'plain Jane' like a plane. :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Just for giggles, what firmware did you flash on the FC and what did you put on the esc's. If you are current they should be running Dshot 600. If for some reason you got a batch of the old 1.02 or lower esc's or a mixed batch and did not flash them the Dshot won't function at all.

Like was suggested isolate the receiver and test with a servo to make sure the radio and receiver are speaking the same language and can work together. Then Make sure your esc's are up to date on firmware as well as the FC. I am flying full kiss and I still run RC28 with 1.03 somethin somethin 10 (can't remember off the top of my head) on the esc's and that's running Dshot 600 as stated in the set up videos I watched at the time.

LUSTR3

I would suggest the following test, if you can:

Connect a single ESC/Motor pair to a single PWM channel on the X4R-SB (say ch1/output 1) and setup a new model on the TX with that channel on throttle. See if the PWM output is smooth and linear.

If so, it's most likely something on the flight controller setup.

I have tried to do this to the best of my knowledge, but had no luck. Could you please tell me exactly how i go about doing this. I'm still new to the whole RC community.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Disconnect the FC from the receiver. Then plug any servo or esc / motor combo into a channel and see if the radio makes it work. Throttle channel is easiest as pretty much everything defaults to throttle on channel 1. Then you can use any model you have made or make a new one and bind the receiver to a fresh profile and see if the servo or motor function as it should. This will eliminate it being a receiver issue if everything works properly giving you one less thing to have as your potential problem.