Help! Issues with Ultrix

AZNDUDE67

I want to get back to flying rc planes again. But last time I flew my Horizon Hobby Ultrix I crashed it into a tree and it was stuck there for a whole day. By the time I could get it back I noticed the motor for one of the ailerons was just vibrating and not responding to controls. I have a feeling the motor might be burnt out but I'm not sure. Any help appreciated!

Foamforce

Hello! The motor for the aileron is called a servo. If it’s just vibrating, then the gears inside are likely stripped from the collision. It might be something else, but servos are generally unfixable. It looks like the Ultrix takes a special servo, but they’re available from E-Flite or through Amazon for about $20.

If you wanted to absolutely confirm that it’s a bad servo, you could swap the servo plugs on the receiver and confirm that the problem follows the servo.

Shurik-1960

The servomechanism has a gearbox.Cheap servomechanism - it has all the gears made of plastic . Your gear teeth are broken. On separate servomechanisms on aliexpress.com I was buying repair kits. The servomechanism should be trimmed with a stationery knife on the sides and pulled out.Then install a new one.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Have you tried plugging a charged battery in and doing a ground test? It could be your battery was so low when you found it that the servo could not move.

LB