It never stops, does it? Foam Canadair

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well I didn't render the videos from last weekend but I just did some more flying and even managed to "land" on the big puddle.

This plane actually flies well at its cruising speed and gliding but it flies weird between the two so I guess I will just have to land it fast on the river.

Also I ordered myself a 3d printer so I will probably make a water scoop and drop system at one point, also got an airbrush so it will get painted somewhat soon.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I started painting the canadair, I actually didn't need the airbrush because it's much faster with a regular brush but I will use it for nice details.

DSC_8459.JPG

The red actually looks like a mix of dark purple and red so im not too happy with that but I will do with.

I still have to make the wing floats too, I reserved those to after the flight testing in order to not break them but I guess I can add them now since im planning on flying it on the river shortly. Weather is still very cold and rather windy so I will wait a bit, I want this one to survive at least until the summer when weather is nice.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I got the painting mostly done, I also built and attached tiny wing floats.

DSC_8479.JPG

I will go put it on water later to take some pics, might fly it on the river this weekend if the water level is low enough (last I checked it was still quite flooded)

I also need to do all the writing and details on it but that can wait a bit.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I went to put the canadair on water to take some pictures and they were a bunch of old peoples so I flew it a bit too which was super scary.

DSC_8487.JPG
DSC_8488.JPG
As I expected half the paint flew off and im too lazy to re-paint it for now.

I also met a few pinchy boys
DSC_8485.JPG

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Well, it has come to an end more quickly than I would have wanted.

Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat. Correct?

well your signature says "Cartwheels are a way of life" but how about trees? lol.

also, if i were you, i would try to climb the tree and knock it down. especially with your nice rx and battery in it. battery is toast but at least the rx, motors, and esc's could be recovered.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well that tree is on an island that can only be accessed by boat and I really don't feel like climbing that tree, I could hire someone to go do that but it would cost more than the plane itself.

Who knows, maybe the wind will knock it down to the ground and if it doesn't fall in the water then maybe I can recover it.
I forgot to write my phone number on this one so I will have to check on it sometimes but peoples in my area are used to seeing me with my RC planes so if someone recovers it then they will maybe get word of me.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
i need to start putting my contact info on my planes. also i would go swimming lol. im a fairly strong swimmer and i can shimmy up a tree like a native so... why not! hehe.... good luck!

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I have some more news about the plane, it is still in a tree but there is some progress.

This was taken a month ago
DSC_8531.JPG

And this is today
DSC_8702.JPG

As you can see the poor bird is slowly making its way down, but there is still a long way to go
DSC_8703.JPG

At least it looks like it will end up on solid ground, I might get to go to the island too because im starting to know a lot of peoples that are interested in what I do and that want me to get the plane back. I will wait for it to go further down however.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Actually yes, leaves have grown on the trees so wind probably made them move more and it is not where it was before, I guess it has fallen on the island or in the bushes under the tree. I will try to get on that island somehow as soon as I can.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I hope you can get it back! you might be able to revive the battery as well, I have done it with a brand new 2s lipo before.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
That battery is probably 100% dead, if I get it back I will probably give it to my uncle so he can put it in his small museum with his old school bikes.

This plane didn't fly as good as it could have anyways so I don't want to fly it anymore, I know how to make a better one.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
lol why would he want a dead lipo in his museum?
i mean... i don't blame him, I save anything and everything as my little description thing would suggest (ultimate cheapskate (also a bit of a hoarder as well))

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
No I meant I will give him the plane, I will probably try to make the battery explode or something.
I will try to see later today if I can get on the island btw.