Itching for a build. Whats a good fall plane?

BS projects inc.

Elite member
Whats a good airplane to build and fly in the fall? I just built a bf-109 and for whatever reason ww1 and ww2 warbirds are the best to fly in the fall in my opinion. whats something I could build and make look really nice? I have C,B,F and tiny motors (gremlin sized)

Last edited:

BS projects inc.

Elite member
I'm thinking of a DTFB plane. Right now a simple scout or a DR1 is on the top of my list. Right now I'm building a 6ft wingspan Sopwith Camel but I want something I can take out and fly within seconds.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
How come I see a bajillion pups but not many spads in the rc world?

Edit: As a kid I was in the Revell model of the month club and two of my better and more challenging builds were the Spad XIII and the Sopwith Camel one year. Both won the monthly school competitions and got show cased in the trophy case at the schools main entrence.

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Since I've gone postal for the last couple decades of my career, I've had some interest in doing up a Jenny as it was the very first plane to carry air mail. I do hear they are tricky to get a good flying model though as the nose is a bit short and the tail a bit long.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Since I've gone postal for the last couple decades of my career, I've had some interest in doing up a Jenny as it was the very first plane to carry air mail. I do hear they are tricky to get a good flying model though as the nose is a bit short and the tail a bit long.

So dont go 4 cyl go BIG Block hehe. Thatll put some nose eeight in her.

PoorManRC

Master member
@rockyboy I guess that might create a challenge...
The last Jenny I got any kind of look at, was the last time I saw "The Great Waldo Pepper".

Some creative weight shifting could work.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
@rockyboy I guess that might create a challenge...
The last Jenny I got any kind of look at, was the last time I saw "The Great Waldo Pepper".

Some creative weight shifting could work.

I really want to track that movie down - according to the notes all of the aircraft scenes were filmed full scale, no models used.

Looking at that also lead me to the Twin JN - they only built eight of these and I sure haven't seen one at the RC field before :D

Curtiss_Twin_JN.jpg