It's about time I start my build thread, SU-47 from JPEG to DTFB, what did I get into

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Well since I started on here I wanted to really build a plane I designed. Since watching Jason's vids on Sketchup I have tried a few aircraft designs but none really peaked my interest to build. After the FT-22 and FT- Viggen were released I really started to look for an aircraft I wanted to build. I looked up on Google for unique aircraft..... And then I found it..... The SU-47! Now I have seen others have done this aircraft before and Banana Hobby sells a huge version of it(never in stock) but I wanted to see if I could build one from a JPEG drawing to a flying DTFB plane. The thing that I hope that will set this apart from others is the options for power systems. While designing the aircraft I came up with a way to make a new style of power pod that will be used for pusher planes. And I also have an EDF Pod I plan to release. With that being said I am hoping to have these two options work on the 47 as well as a permanently mount the motors to the aircraft. So I guess I should show the progress I have so far..........

su-47.jpg SU-47 Body-tail.png su47 wing.png

Attachments

• photo 1 - Copy.JPG
    photo 1 - Copy.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 2 - Copy.JPG
    photo 2 - Copy.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 12
  • photo 3 - Copy.JPG
    photo 3 - Copy.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 26
  • photo 4 - Copy.JPG
    photo 4 - Copy.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Looks good, but I really recommend scaling up the V-stabs about 20%.
Neither of mine had much yaw stability with scale stabs.

Other than that it looks great!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Did you take photos of your computer screen? I think if you hit "control":"print screen" it will save a snapshot of the screen into the clipboard. Then you can paste it into paint. I use ScreenHunter 6.0; You can download it for free at www.download.com Just search "screenhunter" and get the free version. It's a very useful piece of software. I use it all the time and is much faster than the other route.

Anyways, the design looks great. I really like that it's an EDF instead of prop and slot.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
It was just easier to do the cell phone thing. One of these days the laptop is going to quit working so I try to do things the easiest way possible

CrashRecovery

Mentor
working on a new body. figured I would design one side so I could just flip the plans.

Attachments

• SU-47flat#2.JPG
    SU-47flat#2.JPG
    504.8 KB · Views: 7

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Thank. The first attempt came out hoooooorrrrriiiiibbbbbllllllleeeee (as david would say) now to figure out how to make my edf section fit. Might just stick with a prop and slot for now.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    434.7 KB · Views: 6
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 8
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    399.8 KB · Views: 6
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG