It's been a few months since the store changed, what are everybody's thoughts now?

BS projects inc.

Elite member
*Disclaimer* I will always support Flite Test no matter how mad they make me :)

Personally I hate it. Prices are higher, shipping takes longer, shipping is more expensive, and I can't find the FT stuff. Every time I got on the old FT store I knew that they fully endorsed every product on that site. Now it's full of a bunch of crap, low quality products. I am experienced enough to know what is and what is not a good product but I don't want to have to scroll through a bunch of cheaply made products just to find 1 legitimate item. Even hobbyking doesn't have this much crap on their website. Alright I'm done with my rant..what do you guys think?

edit: new opinion is better, a lot of the things that annoyed me have now been fixed!

Last edited:

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Well, I'll completely disagree with you.

The "crap" you speak of is where?! I'm sorry, but Castle ESCs, and other HH products are not crap by any means. And then there is the search function. It. Just. Works. If I know there is something at HK I use google to search for it, not the website search. Shipping for my Horus X10S was quick and painless... and it was free! Purchased a quad motor for my 'Cuda and could not be more impressed with quality. I had never heard of the brand but the specs seemed right and it performed perfectly.

Quality PLA filament as well as an off-brand. I only see options for people wanting to stay with FT-branding or expanding their interest in the hobby. I like the selection and variety. I've not needed anything in a while now but it's still my first stop to find things I need.

Reactions: FDS

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gotta go with th op on this one. Much as I love FT this was a poor choice to partner with imo.

Getfpv would have been the more logical choice as they are air based as is FT not land based like Amain.

When I see things like the original delrin gremlin frames @19 dollars when they were 9 on FT and the cf frames at the same price when they were 12 that goes against the FT mantra unless it has changed.

Im all for a parner having a piece of the pie but doubling prices on some items is flat out bs profiteering.

And again search feature or not I still have to slog thru car and truck and ocassional heli parts to find FT stuff.

As I said before. It all doesnt matter as a quarterly audit will show this is not working and it hurts both their income and the communities spending as well.

Verris

I just checked back and when I last ordered a pack of 50 sheets waterproof foam board, plus another $50 of miscellaneous small items, shipping was $18. Now for just the 50 box of waterproof foam alone, shipping is $50. Not a fan of the new system at all.

Looks like it's back to the white stuff. An extra 50% just for shipping is crazy.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
I just checked back and when I last ordered a pack of 50 sheets waterproof foam board, plus another $50 of miscellaneous small items, shipping was $18. Now for just the 50 box of waterproof foam alone, shipping is $50. Not a fan of the new system at all.

Looks like it's back to the white stuff. An extra 50% just for shipping is crazy.
Did you try adding 10 bucks of other stuff to qualify for super saving shipping?

b-29er

Did you try adding 10 bucks of other stuff to qualify for super saving shipping?
I wanted to buy 75 sheets of foam, a 50 and a 25. Its $64 to ship here with super saver because its 2 boxes. I live in southern michigan, its a very narrow margin in gas between me driving to malvern and back and shipping the foam, and i'm driving a minivan.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
I wanted to buy 75 sheets of foam, a 50 and a 25. Its $64 to ship here with super saver because its 2 boxes. I live in southern michigan, its a very narrow margin in gas between me driving to malvern and back and shipping the foam, and i'm driving a minivan.

In that case they definitely need to fix this! When I ordered my box of 50 it only added about 20 to the total. Nobody is going to pay nearly 100% for shipping.

Crazy Goats

In that case they definitely need to fix this! When I ordered my box of 50 it only added about 20 to the total. Nobody is going to pay nearly 100% for shipping.
Same. Last time I ordered foam from them it was the same 50 sheet box with probably the same shipping cost. I just checked and I'm getting 51 bucks for shipping which is insane.

Verris

Yea, tried super saver, no difference. It ends up shipping in two orders, and the foam box is 45~ on it's own to NJ.

Arcfyre

Elite member
I liked the Ohio store better, as me being in SE Michigan was within the 1-day circle for UPS ground.

Now stuff comes from California and it's 4 days. I may as well order from the Hobbyking US warehouse.

Crazy Goats

So has this been fixed? I want to make some waterproof planes but if this is still happening i guess it's back to brown craft paper for me. NO WAY I could afford that much for shipping.