It's not exactly a 'Fixed wing' - but it will be electric :)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Was looking back at some of the older Tom Stanton YouTube videos and thought, "That looks fun!". So I'm have ordered one of these...
199336_1.jpg

..and will be building my own Prop/Gondola thingy to power it. Planning on both the standard two servos to operate the left/right chute brakes and also to incorporate a weight shift of the battery bay for more subtle control (via the rudder channel)
Apart from two medium torque servos I have all the electronics so should not be too long a build.
Wish me luck!!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Cool! Fly by knitting needle. 😁

Whole new system to learn. Keep amazing us kiddo. Someone should point Chad Kapper or Drew Camden your way as they are looking for active and engaging female role models.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Was looking back at some of the older Tom Stanton YouTube videos and thought, "That looks fun!". So I'm have ordered one of these...
View attachment 130208
..and will be building my own Prop/Gondola thingy to power it. Planning on both the standard two servos to operate the left/right chute brakes and also to incorporate a weight shift of the battery bay for more subtle control (via the rudder channel)
Apart from two medium torque servos I have all the electronics so should not be too long a build.
Wish me luck!!!

Oh man...Our club president bought one and has been flying it around our field. It's REALLY cool to see, and I thought about getting one - until I heard the price it ran him for a SMALL one, and the larger paramotors were easily 4 figures. Needless to say, it will be some time before I can afford that.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Oh man...Our club president bought one and has been flying it around our field. It's REALLY cool to see, and I thought about getting one - until I heard the price it ran him for a SMALL one, and the larger paramotors were easily 4 figures. Needless to say, it will be some time before I can afford that.
£22 for the wing and the rest I will build myself!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I have a racerstar 2212 980kv motor driving a 10x45 prop. In fact I have four spare of them from an abandoned quad project.