It's not exactly a 'Fixed wing' - but it will be electric :)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Half of the prop guard/torque compensator printed in PETG overnight, second half printing. It was just a little too big to fit on the bed of my ANET A8 printer in one piece.
IMG_20190507_101101914.jpg

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Two become one... (Love a Spice Girls reference)
IMG_20190507_173835388.jpg

Now I'm thinking about building it just as Tom Stanton designed, learn from that, and them maybe make one with the weight shift idea.
Note: I firmly believe in rewarding super designers so used the Thingiverse tip option to throw him a thank you. I'm already a Patron of him as I want home to continue making these super designs.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Next 3 parts I started on the printer last night at 7pm.....hoping it will be complete when I get home after work today. My cheap 3D printer is not fast :)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
This Build Thread Here has a lot of VERY important useful information on getting the para motor chute strung out right. :)LOL:strung out) and I think that is what Tom Staton was mentioned in passing about how much fiddling he needed to do to the para-kite to get it to work as a para motor wing. I hope it helps.

Do you know how I knew? I have the same thing; a para kite kit I was planning to re-string and adding a trike to.

I'll be watching Caroline, good luck, help us all with your journey.

FoamyDM

I haven't started because I knew I would need space and patience. (I am not the guy you hand a knot of string to to get untangled). Your veracity is inspiring.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
This Build Thread Here has a lot of VERY important useful information on getting the para motor chute strung out right. :)LOL:strung out) and I think that is what Tom Staton was mentioned in passing about how much fiddling he needed to do to the para-kite to get it to work as a para motor wing. I hope it helps.

Do you know how I knew? I have the same thing; a para kite kit I was planning to re-string and adding a trike to.

I'll be watching Caroline, good luck, help us all with your journey.
Thanks for that!
From what I've read, the 2.4m sail is much better set up than the older one Hobbyking was selling. Most say this one is quite well set up and generally fly's straight off the bat.

FoamyDM

Thanks for that!
From what I've read, the 2.4m sail is much better set up than the older one Hobbyking was selling. Most say this one is quite well set up and generally fly's straight off the bat.
Great to know. I may have to purchase the 2.4m sail and save some time.

My daftness and a totally willingness to fail and learn from it is my 'secret sauce'.
Mine too. :D

Continued Luck