It's not exactly a 'Fixed wing' - but it will be electric :)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
*Still* printing!!!!
IMG_20190511_075610581.jpg
76% through, started this Thursday evening. By far the longest print I've ever done :)

bracesport

Legendary member
@CarolineTyler - it's a buzz to get an awesome print after a long wait - I had a few failures after 20 odd hours of printing that really blew my whistle - looking forward to seeing the final bird (can we call it a bird) in the air!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
@CarolineTyler - it's a buzz to get an awesome print after a long wait - I had a few failures after 20 odd hours of printing that really blew my whistle - looking forward to seeing the final bird (can we call it a bird) in the air!
My biggest fear was not having enough filament...the PETG parts finished with just ten windings on the spool!!!!! Phew!
Of course after a day and a half of printing of the red part I was so willing the printer not to get caught on anything and layer shift.
It's remarkably solid and Tom designed it so well, even including a battery strap channel.
First flight within a fortnight, hopefully!

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
I have been printing with PC (polycarbonate) for some jobs at work - I plan on giving it a whirl on an internal structure of some sort for a FB glider!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
It's built, motor and servo tested. Awaiting the battery to weigh it properly and of course, some gentle winds for the maiden.
It looks mean and ready for business. Just over 16amps draw at full power.
IMG_20190518_155319234.jpg IMG_20190518_155334928.jpg

Last edited: