It's That Time Of Year Again: Snow Skimmer Shenanigans!

I'm getting the feeling I won't get another good snow this year. :( Looking at the big reveal being next year now.
For how little use I get out of these, maybe next year's snow craft build will have to be something like a Polaris.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I'm thinkin bout adding wheels... If I can find the cheapie roller blades I bought several decades ago. At least mine goes on water too. Can use it all year round. :-D

I'm thinkin bout adding wheels... If I can find the cheapie roller blades I bought several decades ago. At least mine goes on water too. Can use it all year round. :-D
No doubt mine would run on water too, but I don't have nice water to run on.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Brought the skimmer to work today as we had snow coming in, brought everything I needed except didn't load a card into hatcam. Mods: shifted battery to nose, removed brace under motor mount, HeHeHe! It earned its decals today! Bringing again tomorrow with the hatcam ready to go:LOL:. This thing is dialed in!

Brought the skimmer to work today as we had snow coming in, brought everything I needed except didn't load a card into hatcam. Mods: shifted battery to nose, removed brace under motor mount, HeHeHe! It earned its decals today! Bringing again tomorrow with the hatcam ready to go:LOL:. This thing is dialed in!
Yes!

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I was hoping to get the skimmer built this week and run it on the little snow that was left next weekend as I was occupied the past few weeks nearly every day, but then there was a thunderstorm, so that was the end of the snow. I still want to finish it soon so that I can run it on grass and tune it for next year. I’m going to try and get some more foam board from hobbytown as the two sheets I had planned to use are currently makeshift shades for my room after the curtain broke; I guess that’s just another use for foam board in everyday life. The motor system and control board are all soldered up, so I want to do a run up off the back to back BDF, since the single motor one from last Winter sounded great, I expect this one to sound even better.