It's That Time Of Year Again: Snow Skimmer Shenanigans!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I may tweak my current skimmer a bit... and/or build a second (BIGGER) one with a boogy board instead of the kick board. We'll see how the weather goes, but it will again be multi-seasonal capable and add additional terrain capacities.....

leaded50

Legendary member
a tip for "someone" ;)
The 1910 Coandă engine design (the first jet plane) was also used on a sledge designed for Grand Duke Cyril of Russia.

Coanda_snow_sleigh.jpg

I'll be building along the lines of the classic RC outrigger racing boat.
Rc-Boat-Outrigger-Hydro-tri-hull-tunnel-jet-pickle.jpg

It's basically the same concept as my last year's entry, an unlimited hydroplane, but without all the lift generated by that hull. That hydroplane design doesn't seem to scale very well - with too much power and at this small size the thing kites uncontrollably. I could revise the design to make it work but I'd rather build this new one. @Wildthing built a similar design last year but the similarity is purely coincidental. Maybe this one'll stay on the ground!

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I’m going to start up cad drawings soon, probably with a rear mounted dual battery system out of my failed Bugatti speed demon. I also want to build a bigger ramp, maybe even a loop if I have enough cardboard. I’m also considering a second one just for fun with a 40 size glow engine I bought from @Quinnyperks if I can get a small enough fuel tank/used pill bottle.