It's That Time Of Year Again: Snow Skimmer Shenanigans!

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
What are these runners you're referring to? The only thing I can think of is little knife edges along the sponson bottoms. Or similar long little flat pieces to run on.
Knife edges would be the best way to describe. Protection and to help keep it track better. Actually just getting ready to make slots for them to fit into and see how they fit. I'll post some pics once I have them in.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Knife edges would be the best way to describe. Protection and to help keep it track better. Actually just getting ready to make slots for them to fit into and see how they fit. I'll post some pics once I have them in.
Here is the rear one dry fitted, front ones will go the same. This one fit very nicely so not anticipating any problem with the front ones.
IMG_20211116_224426962.jpg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I agree, @Battery800 this would be super cool. Here are some other drawings I found on this in case anyone was interested
View attachment 211849
View attachment 211850
View attachment 211851
View attachment 211852
View attachment 211853
I was deciding between that and my sever-2 the sever-2 won cause I could use it on wheels. The sever 2 was an update to this on:
Hmmmm
View attachment 211847
Very cool indeed.
Here is something else I found that is also very interesting.
The Tupolev A-3 Aerosledge. This one seems worthy of someones attention.
View attachment 211848
Also, what are the ronners fr? Cant it track nice without them?

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
I was deciding between that and my sever-2 the sever-2 won cause I could use it on wheels. The sever 2 was an update to this on:

Also, what are the ronners fr? Cant it track nice without them?
My sponsons/skis are flat bottomed so in nice fluffy snow probably would do alright but probably not so well without runners on hard snow , ice ,pavement, grass