Jesse's Girl (Pilot-294)

Fishbonez

Looked like a great time. I have now decided that in May I am purchasing one of these. I was thinking about Hobby King version but I think the Pzone will be a better choice

earthsciteach

I like the ammeneties and price of the Durafly. But PZ is a rock solid company with a rock solid reputation. The same can't be said of HK, due to the international nature and discount prices. That Corsair is BEAUTIFUL in the air! I sigh a bit every time I see it!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Hobbyking prices are great but I think they still have a bit to catch up to HH's quality. I can personally vouch for HH's stuff, HK has done me well so far but the quality isn't quite there but I think they are getting better all the time. That new Durafly the Josh's just reviewed is sweet!! The HK prices are great but the shipping is crazy. The things that keep me going to HH though are the compatibility with all my existing stuff and the incredibly long shipping times. I only order from hobbyking if I'm planning well ahead but for repair parts to keep me flying I have to go to local sources.

Pilot-294

Truly an amazing plane! Quality is great, I think the only thing I have thought about doing is cutting the notches around the cowl for a really realistic look but it's a tight little devil in the air, I'm flyin high throws now, and I'm thinking about moving the control surfaces in a notch for more throw to get a tiny more performance out of this already amazing plane, loops full throttle, hard stick, and the wings seem straight as an arrow! For a corsair that is, lol

Fishbonez

Well folks,
I blame Flite test :p and here is why I was watching the episode from last week you know the one with the big 1600mm P47 and thought to myself that is a kick ass plane :cool: went to look to see what the price was and went WOW thats cheap I dont think I can find/buy one at that price. Came this close to purchasing it when I realized I was looking at the 1100 not the 1600. Went whoa that a close one lets see how much that 1600mm is shall we. well....Long story short I decided that If I could afford the 1600, which I cant with shipping, I can afford the F4U from Parkzone. So I went to parkzone.com. So the wild hair up my tail got longer and the next thing I know I am purchasing the Corsair some batteries and a receiver. Should be here sometime with in the next 2 weeks. ;) Now how did that happen? :black_eyed: As a lot of you know it is my favorite WWII plane and I could not resist. I also blame Pilot294 for forcing me to look into this further. Damn those Jedi mind tricks. :black_eyed: I now must go get in touch with my CHI so that I can prepare to tell the lovely wife that I spent more money on a plane I was not going to buy until May...Moments later foud out she was cool with it as long as she got to watch the maiden flight. hmmm that was to easy :confused: Some how I think I will be going to a certain Coach purse outlet store...Ahh hell it will be worth it :D So thanks Pilot and buy the way without trying to sound sarcastic Enjoy Boot Camp when it is all over you realize it is a lot of fun and I miss it at times.

Last edited:

earthsciteach

Dang it, Bonez! Your lack of will power is not helping my lack of will power at all! Yesterday was pay day....

You are going to love that airplane the moment you open the box. They are just beautiful!

earthsciteach

Sigggghhhhh...

My wife walked into the kitchen as I sat at the table, face inches from the screen.

"What are you doing," she asks, in a deceptively neutral tone.

I respond, "scouring the internet for great deals on airplanes." I was hoping to find a great deal for a Corsair on ebay.

"We have bills to pay this week," her voice dropping to a more stern tone. She stressed the word, "bills" as if I was a child who just asked to go out and play in the snow in lieu of completing my homework.

Being quick on my feet I offer up an infallible argument. "But I can find a REALLY good deal. I may be able to get something for half the price!" How can she resist a good deal?

The words that then spewed forth from her mouth sent an icy chill down my spine. Words so incomprehensibly callous that I am forced to question, after nearly 17 years of marriage and two kids, whether I even know this woman. Those words... I can barely type them. "You don't NEED more airplanes." :eek:

Pilot-294

I'm having the same issue with my planes, and i only have 3 (one on its last leg, one i can't fly, and one GREAT one...) just do what i do, complain about being bored with the ones you have or how one is almost broken and hard to fly. i don't know why they think we are ever satisfied with only a couple planes... lol

and bonez, ill have a great time in between the yelling haha, and you will LOVE that plane, its the perfect combo of sunday driver and tight fast sports car, had it out yesterday, and flew her high, slow, and easy as well as trying my first ever stall with the plane. it epitomizes the word pancake and is the PERFECT plane (for me anyhow) so push her beyond her limits knowing your stalls will at least be just as pretty as the plane ;)

now all we have to do is find a way to get teach a corsair haha :)

earthsciteach

Given my wife's poor attitude of this morning and general sassiness all day, I felt it would do her good to watch an educational video on how to be the perfect RC wife. When she was finished watching, I asked her if she learned anything. Her response, "Do you want a divorce?"

I just don't get this poor attitude of hers. I even helped her shovel the driveway this morning! :confused:

Fishbonez

Given my wife's poor attitude of this morning and general sassiness all day, I felt it would do her good to watch an educational video on how to be the perfect RC wife. When she was finished watching, I asked her if she learned anything. Her response, "Do you want a divorce?"

I just don't get this poor attitude of hers. I even helped her shovel the driveway this morning! :confused:

LOL your wife has Spunk gotta dig that. She will give in soon just make sure you dont froget Valentines Day and she will come around :cool: As for me I think my wife is upto no good she has been awfully coopertive lately. I think something is a miss. She keeps this up and I may go cookoo for coco puffs.

Oh buy the way dont forget the ole saying Teach easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. As I look around to see that no one is watching me type that. LOL

Last edited:

earthsciteach

I live by that saying, Bonez! I already have something in the works. Might have my hands on a nice F6F Hellcat model very soon. Shhhhh.....

Fishbonez

Ahh I dig the folding wings Looks very Air Craft Carrier. Just be careful with Banna Hobby. I have not heard a lot of good things about them so be careful .

Note: not trying to start a company bashing here.

earthsciteach

Hellcat.JPG No worries. I'm buying it second hand and needs a motor and a couple of minor repairs. Getting it for a good price. In fact, its already here!

earthsciteach

I'm giving the guy $50. The only complex issue with it is that one of the hinges that allows the wings to fold is broken. I know I can permanently affix the wing, but would like to put a little time into finding or fabricating a hinge. I like the folding wings!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Yea, me too! I actually thought of buying this one specifically because of the folding wing on it, but when I say the cost of replacement parts, I like you was like, Wow $50 for a wing?

Maybe not!

I think you did okay with $50 for the plane. I would have bought it for that!