JH Speed Deamon - a foamboard pylon racer

So now I am thinking about how to make this thing faster, maybe a swept wing. I am wondering if I just cut the wing halves at the centerline 20-30 degrees and joins them... what might happen. Drag down? Lift?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
So now I am thinking about how to make this thing faster, maybe a swept wing. I am wondering if I just cut the wing halves at the centerline 20-30 degrees and joins them... what might happen. Drag down? Lift?
You will change the CG and the stability of it, but I think it's a novel idea

My first thought is always adding voltage, but using my brain might be a better idea to alter the design. Wing is thin already, fuse area at firewall cannot be shrunk since motor mount is huge. Wing mod seems the most likely solution.

Another idea would be to reduce wing chord length?

IanSR

If you want to make it faster and are already at 4s (what 120mph not fast enough for you?) go 6s but don't blame me if you loose sight of it after 3 seconds LOL

so i really want to build this but i have no idea how to enlage the plans at home and make them into tiles anybody have any ideas? thanks in advance

OliverW

Legendary member
so i really want to build this but i have no idea how to enlage the plans at home and make them into tiles anybody have any ideas? thanks in advance
You use Adobe Reader. You load up your document, click on the printer icon, and you can scale it up or down, and it also tiles it for you if you select the poster option

ready for the maiden. Such a cool looking and awesome designed airplane!! Thank you so much josh at J&H aerospace for taking the time and making these plans avalible to us. Please keep them coming your awesome!! 8o amp esc with an eflite bl15 2750kv out of a v900. excited to see how she does

Attachments

• speed demon.jpg
    speed demon.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 1

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
so here she is... flys amazing. i dont have a radar gun but how fast you guys think she is going?
Wow - that’s a rocket for sure!! I’m terrible at guessing but I’m gonna say it’s over 90 for sure, but considering the motor is out of a v900 and that thing can hit 120 I think, you could well be venturing into the triple digits! @SquirrelTail is a good guesser on speed so I bet he could give a more accurate guess. :D

i loved this thing so much i scaled one down to 65 percent and threw a park 450 on there on 3s... this design is awesome keep them coming guys!!

Attachments

• speed demonn twins.jpg
    speed demonn twins.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 0

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i have both the mini and micro balsa demons. got a few guys at the field to buy the mini and we are going to start a racing thing. should be fun.

well one of those guys showed up today with foam speed deamon. flew great and was actually really good practice for him come time to fly the balsa version. one thing lead to another and now i have this on my table...

20200322_160218.jpg

ecalc said 99mph with a 4S 6x4.5 prop.

20200322_161621.jpg

still playing with props but will have to test. ;)

laters,

me :cool:

Last edited:

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
I built a cleaned up version with a tighter nose, bolt-on wing, and then gave it the Nerdnic treatment. It flies AWESOME. On 6s it's very quick and handles really well. Landing speed is a little higher with the big motor and isolated receiver battery/bec, but still very easy to land.
20200616_193720.jpg