JH Speed Deamon - a foamboard pylon racer

Hello my buddy found this thread and he and I are now interested in building the speed demon. Are there any dxf files to laser cut the 28" bird? Does the current design have the wing sunk down into the fuse? Thanks in advance!

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Hello my buddy found this thread and he and I are now interested in building the speed demon. Are there any dxf files to laser cut the 28" bird? Does the current design have the wing sunk down into the fuse? Thanks in advance!

Shoot me an email and I can send you the planes for the one with the bolt-on wing. The stock version should have its laser files linked back on the first page of this thread, those are what I have been using since day 1 to cut the kits. OSU has selected this as their primary design for Speed Fest 2023 so I'm staying pretty busy cranking them out.

Hi all, I recently built a speed demon and it flew great, right up until the bec blew up in the esc and it nosed into the ground at about 100kmh, it was on on 3cell luckily . Anyway…….. Josh, I was wondering what kind of set up you are running in you super demom, cause i feel the need for speed😎

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Hi all, I recently built a speed demon and it flew great, right up until the bec blew up in the esc and it nosed into the ground at about 100kmh, it was on on 3cell luckily . Anyway…….. Josh, I was wondering what kind of set up you are running in you super demom, cause i feel the need for speed😎
Don't know if you're still watching, but here's the latest setup:
Brotherhobby 3115, 1200kv
APC 7x10
Flycolor X-Cross 80A
HRB 6s 1800mah

That's a lot of power. Forget trying to hold the wing on with rubber bands, you'll need to bolt it in place. 2s 300-500 mah lipo to power the electronics. A small sub fin helps smooth out the launches.

If you want to go CRAZY fast, two changes:
Brotherhobby 3115, 1520kv
Marcus Koch 6.5x12 folding speed prop

Marcus hangs out in the speedjunkies facebook group. His props aren't cheap. They're worth it. Get a good folding prop hub that matches your motor, such as a Graupner or Aeronaut that will lock onto the prop shaft. Eliminates a ton of drag. Even worthwhile when flying on fixed propellers.