Joe Nall - HUGE THANK YOU!!

RC Mama

Just wanted to send a huge shout-out to the awesome FT guys that were at Joe Nall last week! My son and I got to hang out, fly and build on Friday, and I can't thank you enough for all of your kindness, patience, and attention!! Josh, thanks for being so incredibly wonderful, and spending time with Jonathan. Strong role models are very hard to come by in this world, and I am so happy that he has chosen you. Eric, thank you for helping him fix his mis-wired receiver, and James, thank you for being so awesome in the store! Peter, thank you for help with the malfunctioning motor! And Crafty Dan, thank you thank you THANK YOU for taking all the time to sit with us and help us build our Tiny Trainer!! There is NO way we could have figured it out by ourselves, and with your expert guidance we were flying by the end of the day!! Your patience was incredible, and we both learned SO much!! Now I think I can actually install a servo....coolest mom ever!! LOL! :)

The FT team gave my son an unforgettable experience, and this mama is so grateful to all of you!! We are truly blessed to have met you.

Hope to see you again soon!!

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
While I did not attend I can certainly attest to the FT mentality of fostering family time.

After observation of your post and username I want to thank YOU! Parents willing to spend TIME with their children, let alone take them to large events like Joe Nall, are few and far between these days. I am a firm believer that within a family love is spelled T.I.M.E. Immediate appreciation by your son, I am sure, is not expressed to its fullest just yet. After years of consistent parenting I know you will be rewarded with many more experiences that justify your efforts. I tip my flying hat to such an exceptional RC Mama.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
RC Mama,

It was a pleasure building with the two of you. The videos would have easily given you +90% of what I did, but as much as we might like Josh, building with people is always better than building with videos -- a lot more fun too :)

I second Wilsonman's sentiment -- being involved makes all the difference in the world. While he'll probably remember meeting Josh and building a plane more than anything else, the impact of you just being there and pitching in is incalculable even if it seems unnoticed -- kudos!

(and it's great to hear you got it flying -- IIRC, when I had to leave it was airworthy but way too underpowered. found out later the "speed wing" really needs the bigger battery -- we all get to learn something new ;) )

abieex

Mentor
Last year at FF2014 while working the main gate a car pulled in from New Jersey. Inside a young man and his mother. She looked tired but she had gotten her son to FliteFest, they were both glad to be there. I saw them every day and they were always smiling and having a great time. Whenever I think of parents or parenting I always think of her and how dedicated she was to her son. I hope to see them again this year. We should all aspire to be that kind of parent to our children.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Thank you RC Mama, for encouraging your son's interest in all his activities! You are the unsung hero among all this. I've viewed this from a number of positions: a son to a mom who encouraged his interest in computer science by helping drive him to a bank to open a savings account, and supplementing my measly paper route/lawn care savings with enough to meet their minimum requirements to get the "free" 8-bit computer they were giving away as a promotion, back in 1984. As a coach for a YMCA youth swim team, seeing all the moms who pulled together (with some support from the dads, but proportionally smaller contribution from them) to help run the other aspects of the team such as bake sales, banquets, etc. while also schlepping their loved ones to practices and away meets. At FliteFest2014, seeing the mom who helped her son in the build tent with buying supplies, and helping out with the build of a FT Old Fogey, and building her own Nutball in the process!

At my age, it's highly unlikely I'd ever have kids my own, but that's why I enjoy helping those with them by coaching (YMCA), mentoring (a local Makers club for kids, and my RC clubs youth outreach), and volunteering at FliteFest!

RC Mama

Thank you all for such support....I am truly humbled! God blessed me beyond measure with my son, and I am thrilled to watch him do what he loves!! He has even promised to teach me to fly his Sport Cub, which he said would be good to start with because it has a panic button and is pretty much idiot proof. Sounds perfect!! Lol!! ��

Proverbs 22:6

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Mama, the Cub is a good place to start. It's slow and forgiving and if you do happen to make a mistake, it's very light so is hard to destroy. Try not to worry about crashing as it does happen. The main thing is to have fun and build memories with your son. Sharing a hobby will be ever so rewarding!