Josh Bixler participation on forum

Maxstudio

you know reading this thread reminds me a lot of me. People were upset when i closed the proverbial doors on Maxstudio in 2000 and again in 2007 when i closed up the Maxum Motor company work. After two world championships, the website and traveling all over for shows i just got burned out and wanted to move on to other projects in scale modeling. It is very easy to get burned out taking on too much. I'd love to be teaching scale modeling and i've loved imparting my knowledge over the years. I love meeting and talking to people on the subject and it kills me sometimes to think about it, as i lived in North Canton Ohio for 20 years and if i hadn't moved to Florida i'd be on Flight Tests door step shooting video on scale tips and tricks, lol but i have to say Josh has his hands full and i don't mind that he's not more active on the forum as i know how engrossing it can be when you love a hobby and love sharing it with others. You just can't let it take over every aspect of your life, sometimes you need to step away and breathe. Pace yourself Josh, you're doing a great job!

NiCK_NaMe

Hopefully after FF East, we don't hear at all from Josh Bixler, because he is on vacation with the family. :applause:

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Hopefully after FF East, we don't hear at all from Josh Bixler, because he is on vacation with the family. :applause:

Actually, they are back from vacation... And there is a lot to do before Flite Fest... I am surprised a lot of the activity on the social media outlets have not slowed down more than it has.

2 weeks until full on Flite Fest Fun!!!

Look forward to seeing all of my family there in Ohio!!!

Mike Finley

junyper

I can fully understand the need for more Josh Bix! Imagine if 'The Bix' applied himself to world peace, the middle east. world hunger. nuclear proliferation. They would be solved in weeks. sadly that's not the case, hes only one man. Is anyone a mad scientist on the forums who could clone him?

I can also understand and want him to utilize and participate in the forums, yet the net benefit is too narrow. Its just too hard and time consuming for him to reply to every question, though I'm sure he is extremely active on the forums. Luckly the forums are filled with amazing, friendly and helpful people who also can help you out. As 'The Bix' always mentions. Its all about community. And FliteTest is a rare and amazing community indeed.

If Flitetest is looking for an official FT forum “replier” for Josh Bix...( something akin to the angel Metatron).........where do I apply???

That's why YouTube is a better method to broadcast the broader benefits of the beloved Bix.

Thanks ya'll.

Last edited:

basslord1124

Master member
Yeah might have better luck on Facebook. I added him on there even though I feared he might reject me for being some crazy fan or something lol. :) He accepted my request maybe within a week or so of me sending it. I had joined the Flitetest Fans group on FB too and he has liked and commented on some of my posts.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey everyone!

Thanks for commenting on here and chattin it up! I will say that I am def still PRETTY crazy and will always be(no worries there! haha). I also wanted to thank all of the forum moderators for their continued action on this forum! This would not be what it is without all of you!
Lastly I want to thank the COMMUNITY, who are NOT moderators etc... you all have made the moderator's jobs "EASY" to a point because you are all SO fantastic! You all rock and I just wanted to make sure you all knew that from us here at FT! We talk about you all on the DAILY! haha

Blessings everyone!
Stefan

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I can fully understand the need for more Josh Bix! Imagine if 'The Bix' applied himself to world peace, the middle east. world hunger. nuclear proliferation. They would be solved in weeks. sadly that's not the case, hes only one man. Is anyone a mad scientist on the forums who could clone him?

I can also understand and want him to utilize and participate in the forums, yet the net benefit is too narrow. Its just too hard and time consuming for him to reply to every question, though I'm sure he is extremely active on the forums. Luckly the forums are filled with amazing, friendly and helpful people who also can help you out. As 'The Bix' always mentions. Its all about community. And FliteTest is a rare and amazing community indeed.

If Flitetest is looking for an official FT forum “replier” for Josh Bix...( something akin to the angel Metatron).........where do I apply???

That's why YouTube is a better method to broadcast the broader benefits of the beloved Bix.

Thanks ya'll.

you have the right idea there. Bixler is way too busy to reply to every post. he runs FT for goodness sake! and now a golf course too! lol. Stefan does do a lot of replying on the forums so ask him if you want a question answered. if you email FT stefan is likely to respond as well. i think he is their head of community engagement or something like that. at least i hope he has a fancy title! he deserves it with the work he does and how nice he is to everyone!

edit: seconds after posting i realized that stefan responded to this thread! hey, that proves my point!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Making, and keeping this the helpful, family friendly environment is actually the community being amazing. The very few times us mods have to intervene is usually just spam getting through...

That was just a phase when the crew did experiments and fed him caffeine...

yeah those were some dangerous experiments with caffeine...
lol
he used to talk soo fast in the first couple seasons. i am halfway through the second season and i think he has definitely chilled out since then! haha!

Pigfarm1403

Builder
Why is it just the builders on here???

I was thinking the exact same thing. Why is it that we don't see more people who work at Flite Test post on their own forum?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I was thinking the exact same thing. Why is it that we don't see more people who work at Flite Test post on their own forum?

Because they actually have to work - even if it doesn't look like it. :)

Us guys go home after work and enjoy the hobby by talking to like-minded people. If you did RC stuff all day, would you want to go home and keep doing that? (ok, that was a rhetorical question...)

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I always thought it would be cool if Josh gave us a shout-out once in a while as he enjoys his morning cup of coffee while checking emails. I'm a field tech and I usually post during my breaks and lunch. It only takes a second, and I am super busy and micromanaged.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Because they actually have to work - even if it doesn't look like it. :)

Us guys go home after work and enjoy the hobby by talking to like-minded people. If you did RC stuff all day, would you want to go home and keep doing that? (ok, that was a rhetorical question...)

haha!