Josh B's cutting board

Liemavick

Mentor
Hello all just wondering what make and size the cutting board is Josh uses in the build series. Im currently protecting my drawing table with Lunan and its only a matter of time before it turns to splinters. A upgrade is needed!
Please and Thank you!

Brian

Liemavick

Mentor
Thanks Bernie that looks like what Im after. Question for you, when cutting does the exacto knife dig into the surface when cutting or is it hard enough to where it just skims the top?

Brian

disq

Cutting boards are usually "self-healing". The knife digs into the softish board, but after the cut is made the PVC surface slowly heals (so to speak) that is, the knife-made groove evens out so that you can't see the cut. Of course, if you remove some of the surface material or dig a hole with a pointy object, it probably won't heal completely.

baronbernie

Hi Brian, I was protecting my table top with pizza boxes. The major draw back with using them is that the x-acto knife blades got duller much quicker. Glad I could help.

zev

lumpy member
just go to an craft/fabric store, get the Olfa or the Fisker 36x24 cutting mat. they are expensive (about 50 bucks) but they will last forever, are double sided, and work awesome.