JST 1.0 and 2.0 battery connections

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
So, this is more of a curiosity thing, because as far as my poor ol' Mark I Eyeball can tell (or Mark 1.5 if I'm wearing my glasses), there's not much difference between the two.

I know these different connections are used primarily on the TinyWhoops/Inductrixes, and I'm looking to pick up a new Newbeedrone Acrobee, which, from what I can tell, uses the "new" JST connection. I'm guessing this is a little bit wider than the original 1.0 style plug? Anyone know? I'm debating on whether I should spend money for new batteries that might hold up better than the JST 1.0 ones I have right now for the Inductrix.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Go for the wider and thicker JST 2 for sure - the 1.0 connectors can wear out after 30 cycles or so and can't put the same amperage through by a long shot.

sprzout

Mentor
Good to know. Looks like I need to do a little shopping and a little upgrading, then, if possible, on my current Inductrix Pro.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
It really helped the punchout on my Inductrix FPV when I switched to the JST 2 batteries

sprzout

Mentor
It really helped the punchout on my Inductrix FPV when I switched to the JST 2 batteries

I have stuck with the JST 1 style so far, because my dad had a bunch of batteries from his UMX Radian that were compatible. I'll probably just make the jump and give him the set of 4 JST batteries I have. :)