Juddering Brushless

Dave Griffiths

To calibrate the ESC plug battery to the receiver put your throttle all the way up turn on radio wait for beep then lower throttle, done deal..

That's what I did in the video above and I didn't seem to get the expected combination of beeps. However the designer of the FT ESC is being very cautious about providing any instructions so I am a bit stuffed. Maybe if I knew what star sign the ESC was, it might help.... :-D

Dave Griffiths

The matter has been taken out of my hands. As the FT mini trainer seemed fine if I was gentle with throttle movements, I took it flying in a paddock next to my back garden. Imagine my delight when I stopped over controlling the rudder and executed a gentle controlled turn. Imagine, if you can, my disappointment when it landed in the top branches of a tree. The impact tore the firewall off and rather deftly wrapped the motor connection wires round a branch. After risking life and limb I dislodged the aircraft and it fell to the ground minus the motor. I searched last night and this morning and the motor is nowhere to be found. It's not in the tree and it's probably hiding amongst a patch of evil-looking nettles and my desire to get stung to death seems to have left me. Maybe I'll look at lunchtime when my courage returns.

However thanks to everyone here - what a great forum - I know so much more than I did a few days ago. And my tree-climbing days, at 56, appear to be less in the past than I thought they were!

Reactions: FDS