Judi Sea Jet

jpot1

Elite member
Found this plan on rcgroups, original designer Jurgen with revisions by Rusty-Gunn. Just loved the way it looked and all of the videos looked so cool.

Took the 32" plans and shrunk them down to 90% to make things fit a little better on DTFB. Build was relatively straight forward, just had to shrink the slots in a few spots as the plans were for depron originally. I also expanded the back by 1/2 inch in order to fit a smaller swappable power pod that I have. It is based on the FT pod but only 1.5 inches wide.

My daughter picked out the color scheme and the pilot. :)

IMG_0270.JPG

Notched out the wing and kfm panel to recess the servos under the wing. They have to be quite far forward in order to maintain the cog.

IMG_0271.JPG

Pic of the swappable pod installed.

IMG_0272.JPG

Was able to maiden yesterday and what a beautiful flyer. Flew both slow and fast, very stable. Love this bird!

jpot1

Elite member
Unfortunately no place to fly off of water near by. That and the knowledge that if I tried it would result in a total loss of air frame and electronics. :)

I need to cut in a rudder as there is enough clearance so I should then be able to take off from grass like the polaris.