Jumper T16 - all my models are gone - please help ?

Jens R. Hansen

Hi, I have programmed 10 models and suddenly all are gone on my Jumper t16 radio - only model 1 are shown. But if I look on the sd card via my computer 21 models (11 of them were testmodels I made, but 10 of them are real for my planes) are presented in the model library as bin files. So it seems that the sd card are ok and it have also many other libraries presented.
But I cannot import them via companion and the T16 does not see them. I am new in this field and have not backed it up in companion. It was my first programming in open tx and I have used a lot of time to get it to work. Any possibility to get the programs back ? I have set the radio setup as the Frsky horus x10 in companion.
Kind regards Jens Hansen - Denmark

Tazman

Hi, I have programmed 10 models and suddenly all are gone on my Jumper t16 radio - only model 1 are shown. But if I look on the sd card via my computer 21 models (11 of them were testmodels I made, but 10 of them are real for my planes) are presented in the model library as bin files. So it seems that the sd card are ok and it have also many other libraries presented.
But I cannot import them via companion and the T16 does not see them. I am new in this field and have not backed it up in companion. It was my first programming in open tx and I have used a lot of time to get it to work. Any possibility to get the programs back ? I have set the radio setup as the Frsky horus x10 in companion.
Kind regards Jens Hansen - Denmark

Tazman

Sure you sure that when you check on the computer they are actually not on the computer and perhaps need to be transferred back to the SD card, perhaps you are just looking at it the wrong way. It’s a possibility, if not try transferring them to the computer and back again to the SD card/

Keno

Had similar problem it was in my card reader connections. If your SD Card holder is used as an adapter for a miniature memory card the problem may be there. Just reviewed your post and as the Jump T16 is very similar to Frsky there are differences. You should use your T16 for programing your models as Open TX Companion may not be agreeable (Horus VS T16) when you download you programs. If Companion does not have your T16 as a suitable radio I would not try to use it. However you can use it to try different ideas and test them out to use is for learning to trying different programing approaches.
Happy flying, a grandson of a Denmark immigrant.

Tazman

Well said bracesport, backups for anything are always an asset, even at times when the backups cannot be used, they still make a good reference in the case of CLI files and if betaflight jumps too high in revision, the CLI can still give you a reference point to. Rebuild and this goes for anything, backup backup backup.

Tazman

Now I have a question anyone here know the jumper t16 pro well, I just bought mine a few days ago and I am cruising around These forums looking for guys to skype with and pick there brains and learn this vast hobby of open source and would welcome new friends and would love to be able to sit down with anyone over Skype and spend a nice evening chilling having a coffee and talking and learning, if anyone is interested lets do that, I have free time and a calendar and can alway find time, if anyone else can we need to help each other. I am a old school RC flyer, have been out of the game for the last 14 years, but had an older 9 channel hi-tech radio using spread spectrum, and at the time that was the best of the best, now I have a jumper radio that cost half of that hi-tech and is 10 times better, but 10 times harder. I just cannot win. Anyway to anyone wanting to get together and learn, we can skype with multiple guys kind of like a poker night, but instead talk RC anything, for me its learning the Jumper radio and BetaFlight, I have lots of flight experience and I am always willing to help.

bracesport

Legendary member
@Tazman - thats a good idea.

I have a JR X-378 that was also quite fancy in the FM days!

Beforehand, check out this OTX site there is as much or as little as you need to get started or to get drowned - there is also the companion to use for OTX and I use the Horus as the setup - it works well (even though it is not supported by Jumper - YET)!

We can share setups too!

Aussie? (I'm a Kiwi)

Phil

Tazman

Thanks bracesport, coming from you that is a great compliment, yes I feel all alone in this cause not many around me do this kind of thing, most of the guys In know are great plane or helicopter guys and know nothing of all this new stuff, and are kind of stuck in their ways and not to interested in learning. So I came up with this skype network that can help us all, one guy ya maybe he knows lots, the next just a little, but can still help the guy that knows lots or maybe knows a short cut that the experienced guy never thought of, thing is we can all learn from each other and the more we get the smarter we all become and better at helping others on these forums. Guess to sum it all up the forum will be that much bigger and better with experienced guru’s, I am not one, but if this takes off I sure will be soon enough. Next I want to get my own youtube channel started to help all guys mostly with quads, but also with other things, and if I can get a few good guys in on it, we can via skype and the internet host a live pod cast weekly and have a good following where we can help new guys and older guys with many things, review things etc. It’s my dream, but hey one step at a time.

Keno

Thanks bracesport, coming from you that is a great compliment, yes I feel all alone in this cause not many around me do this kind of thing, most of the guys In know are great plane or helicopter guys and know nothing of all this new stuff, and are kind of stuck in their ways and not to interested in learning. So I came up with this skype network that can help us all, one guy ya maybe he knows lots, the next just a little, but can still help the guy that knows lots or maybe knows a short cut that the experienced guy never thought of, thing is we can all learn from each other and the more we get the smarter we all become and better at helping others on these forums. Guess to sum it all up the forum will be that much bigger and better with experienced guru’s, I am not one, but if this takes off I sure will be soon enough. Next I want to get my own youtube channel started to help all guys mostly with quads, but also with other things, and if I can get a few good guys in on it, we can via skype and the internet host a live pod cast weekly and have a good following where we can help new guys and older guys with many things, review things etc. It’s my dream, but hey one step at a time.

Great idea to learn the Jumper T16, It will save you many hours over the trial and error fumble approach. I was impressed with the T16 price compared to the Horus 10s and Taranis and it programming base is Open TX. Frsky you have to change it to Open TX and I found the T16 a little easier to use. Good luck to you and happy flying.

Bricks

Master member
Doing some searches on the Jumper there have been many that the card readers have not worked properly right out of the box, this is where I would start to look.

Tazman

Great idea to learn the Jumper T16, It will save you many hours over the trial and error fumble approach. I was impressed with the T16 price compared to the Horus 10s and Taranis and it programming base is Open TX. Frsky you have to change it to Open TX and I found the T16 a little easier to use. Good luck to you and happy flying.
Here is the thing, its not OpenTX Fresky, its OpenTX, Fresky has taken the open source and is trying to claim it, and it does not own it. Fresky is hiring OpenTX people and offering money in form of salary to make OpenTX more viable for their transmitter only, a real bad move, and I am trying to open the eyes of people to stop supporting Fresky, that is not Fresky’s only horrible thing, Fresky is making their own supporters suffer by blocking out radios. If people jump on to Jumpers wagon take back open source things like the Jumper can become really good. Here I am simply trying to get guys to meet once a week or more if they like on skype and spend some time getting to know new people and sharing info that can make the difference in pulling out your hair and enjoying the hobby.

Keno

Here is the thing, its not OpenTX Fresky, its OpenTX, Fresky has taken the open source and is trying to claim it, and it does not own it. Fresky is hiring OpenTX people and offering money in form of salary to make OpenTX more viable for their transmitter only, a real bad move, and I am trying to open the eyes of people to stop supporting Fresky, that is not Fresky’s only horrible thing, Fresky is making their own supporters suffer by blocking out radios. If people jump on to Jumpers wagon take back open source things like the Jumper can become really good. Here I am simply trying to get guys to meet once a week or more if they like on skype and spend some time getting to know new people and sharing info that can make the difference in pulling out your hair and enjoying the hobby.

I am aware of this. I don't believe I implied that Frsky was Open TX as I had to reprogram it to use Open TX.