Jumper T16 compatibility.

David Corral

Does anyone have information about the Jumper T16 I have the plus well it’s being shipped lol but would like a manual for it if someone could help that would be GREAT

billms@gmail.com

Hi all. I have a question about setting expos. I have two flying wings both with flight stabilizers and they fly great with those set, but when I turn them off the controls are way too damn touchy. Panic, and often crashes, follow. From what I've read wings are known to be touchy in general and really require expo. OK, so thats the starting state. Both stabilizers do their own mixing - but as I'll get to I do not think that is the problem.

I went to inputs and set rates to 75% and 30% expo. I've tried these settings with both one input and no activation switch as well as binding to a switch.

Then I go to the monitor screen and see that the inputs and mixer output rates match 75 but the expo has no effect. I've gone to the extreme of 100 and -100 on expo (as well as many in between) to verify that its not just my eyesight. This is even rather reflected on the input screen: the rates are in bold, expo is not, though the expo curves are displayed accurate to my understanding (i.e. not linear and exponentially varying based on the setting).

I've gone to the mixer and output tabs and can find nothing that is different between rates and expos - and I've tried most of the various combinations like getting rid of expo on input and putting in active on the mixer.

Does anybody have any advice?

bracesport

Legendary member
@billms@gmail.com - there are many ways to achieve an outcome.

A simple way to look at EXPO vs RATES with OTX is to put the EXPO on the INPUTS channel, and the RATES on the MIXER channel.

image 1 - I am adding 30% EXPO to the INPUT for the ailerons

image 2 - I am creating a FLIGHT MODE with a GLOBAL VARIABLE at 70% and assigning it to SWITCH A in the up position - I could then set another FLIGHT MODE with a different RATE on another SWITCH position.

image 3 - I am assigning the GLOBAL VARIABLE to the WEIGHT of the ailerons - what this does is change the RATE with the flick of the SWITCH - without affecting the EXPO

Do not worry about the output channels in this example.

This is a simple starting point - you could also put EXPO on GVars (GLOBAL VARIABLES) too, so the EXPO changes with the RATES - and many other wonderful mixes, but I hope this helps with your EXPO and RATES question?

(images are from the companion app, but you can do this directly on the Tx)

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 9.18.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 9.19.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 9.18.25 PM.png

Bricks

Master member
What flight stabilizers are you using each stabilizer has it`s own way of handling rates and expo`s. Some you have to program the stabilizer itself and others can be done thru the radio but in only some flight modes.

billms@gmail.com

Thanks people! It was ground pilot error for the most part. I was reading the display as input and output which were matching - but it was actually showing (and labled - thus my error) mixer and output - since expo was on either the input or mixer the output of the mixer would match the output. If that makes sense! I set expo to extreme and convinced myself that the output was varying as appropriate versus small inputs. So I'm good now. Again thanks.

Hi guys i'm fairly new to the hobby and am looking to purchase my first radio transmitter. I'm pretty interested in the jumper t12, or t16 depending on reviews, but had some questions. Hopefully you guys can help me out!
Ok so is the jumper t12 extremely difficult to learn for a newbie whom enjoys to learn? Are there any good sites or communities that can help with the jumper tx interface and model setups? Can I use horizon hobby bnf planes with safe technology? Can dual rates, expos, and servo mixing be programmed with this reciever? I am interested in doing various scratch builds feom flite test, especially the wing models. All in all im looking to purchase a radio transmitter that will grow with my interest in the hobby and would allow me to use multiple protocols, while not braking the bank lol. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks 😄

Yes it is fairly easy to set up, I am still learning the function/command set. The man pages are hard to come by, but OpenTX seems to have a lot available. I am running parallel to your plans. If your are looking for help on the throttle block (arm/disarm) and dual rates/expos I can show you and point you to source info that helped me. The most important thing I learned is both functions deal exclusively with the radio and not the receiver. Special function table for the blocking function (arm/disarm) and outputs table for setup of rates (dual rate/expo) (I set min to the buttons on top 1 for low and 2 for high. Oscar Liang for the use of the opentx special function and painless360 for setup of rates. All done w/o opentx companion. Good luck.