Jumper T16 compatibility.

FDS

Elite member
The JP 4in1 module does DSMX, DSM2 and virtually all the common protocols. However the T16 is not out yet, so quite how it will perform is an unknown.
I have a T12, it binds great with my Sport Cub S and works with safe mode once I figured out how open TX works.
Be aware the JP module is uncertified in some countries, making it technically illegal to use. The chances of being busted are next to zero but that should be a consideration if you are bothered by it.
Any OpenTX radio with a module bay can be made to work with DSMX and DSM2, there’s several different module options available, many of those are fully certified.

Trains1213_YT

The JP 4in1 module does DSMX, DSM2 and virtually all the common protocols. However the T16 is not out yet, so quite how it will perform is an unknown.
I have a T12, it binds great with my Sport Cub S and works with safe mode once I figured out how open TX works.
Be aware the JP module is uncertified in some countries, making it technically illegal to use. The chances of being busted are next to zero but that should be a consideration if you are bothered by it.
Any OpenTX radio with a module bay can be made to work with DSMX and DSM2, there’s several different module options available, many of those are fully certified.
could you give me a link to one of the modules that would go with the t16 if you can cause when it comes out I want to buy one and be able to use it with a spektrum receiver.

FDS

Elite member
You get the JP module with the T16, it includes Spektrum compatibility. DSMX and DSM2 are the Spektrum protocols. You just tell it which protocol to use when you set up the model. That’s all you need to do.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
What does the t16 have over the T12 other than the pretty screen?
OpenTX, extra function buttons for iNav/Ardupilot, voice, full crossfire compatibility, uses 18650 rechargeable batteries and it's a little bit bigger for those who worry that a smaller transmitter is somehow a toy :)

FDS

Elite member
The T12 has OpenTX, mine does anyway. Came with V2.2.2
The T12 is physically smaller than the T16, plus you have to pay extra for Hall Effect gimbals on the T12, by buying the + which comes in Batman Black vs Toaster Cream. I have larger hands, I can fly fine in the T12, it just feels small. Works superbly.
The T12 or T16 will bind with much cheaper toy quads too, it doesn’t bind with the Eachine 010 or 013 out the box anymore, since the main board has changed in those, but it does bind with Hubsan, Flysky and some others, so you don’t need to buy an expensive FPV drone, spend the money on a better TX.
I got a second hand Eachine QX90 for $7 equivalent and it bound great with the T12, all I had to buy was batteries and props, which was another $15 total.

FDS

Elite member
No idea, it’s not out yet. I run my T12 on this one, which is a tight fit but is pretty good capacity.
2 18650 lithium ion cells would probably last nearly as well, that TX has the tray already in for those. They would cost about the same or a little bit more depending on cell quality.

FDS

Elite member
Jumper T16.
The Taranis X9D is a more expensive radio, that doesn’t have the multi protocol module pre installed and has an internal battery pack that you charge through a port.
Both run OpenTX software.

IanSR

Jumper T16.
Both run OpenTX software.

Have they settled their differences with OpenTX then or are they still running a version of JumperTX?

Because last I heard was Frsky was so pissed off at Jumper cloning their radios that they allegedly have put pressure on Banggood to not stock the T16.

Oh the irony of a Chinese company getting pissed off at another Chinese company cloaning their stuff LOL

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
I guess we will find out when it gets released. I thought OpenTX was designed to stop territorial firmware BS?

Chubbs8a

Hi guys i'm fairly new to the hobby and am looking to purchase my first radio transmitter. I'm pretty interested in the jumper t12, or t16 depending on reviews, but had some questions. Hopefully you guys can help me out!
Ok so is the jumper t12 extremely difficult to learn for a newbie whom enjoys to learn? Are there any good sites or communities that can help with the jumper tx interface and model setups? Can I use horizon hobby bnf planes with safe technology? Can dual rates, expos, and servo mixing be programmed with this reciever? I am interested in doing various scratch builds feom flite test, especially the wing models. All in all im looking to purchase a radio transmitter that will grow with my interest in the hobby and would allow me to use multiple protocols, while not braking the bank lol. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks 😄