Jumper T16 Help

So this arrived yesterday.
IMG_3237.JPG

The bad news is that it didn't come with any instructions and I can't find any on the web. I have a lot of questions: what receiver should I use? How do I access all the channels?
Anyone have a link to a manual?
Any help appreciated!

GMalatrasi

Should be very similar if not exactly the same as the OpenTX software in the Taranis transmitters, there's tons of info online for those.

FDS

Elite member
All the channels are already on, you need to set the model type up and check your channel order to get it to set up the stick inputs, then you set up switches in the input screen. Next you go to the mixer and set the outputs up there. It’s weird compared to fixed screen set ups but once you get used to it you will find it much quicker.
Jumper are awful at documentation and the fact it’s so new makes more info hard to find.
Painless 360
Second one-
Firmware

Bardwell has some stuff-

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You can use nearly any Rx you want to. All the major brands are compatible, just make the correct selection in software.

I bought it mainly for that compatibility, but I don't yet understand how it all works. I'll eventually figure it out. I am used to receivers where you plug in 3-6 servos and you're off, but the receivers I am seeing that support 16 channels only have one or two connectors, so I am not sure how it all connects.
Any recommendations for a recommendation for a receiver that supports telemetry?
Thanks!

You can use nearly any Rx you want to. All the major brands are compatible, just make the correct selection in software.

Thanks! Added to my watch queue.

All the channels are already on, you need to set the model type up and check your channel order to get it to set up the stick inputs, then you set up switches in the input screen. Next you go to the mixer and set the outputs up there. It’s weird compared to fixed screen set ups but once you get used to it you will find it much quicker.
Jumper are awful at documentation and the fact it’s so new makes more info hard to find.
Painless 360
Second one-
Firmware

Bardwell has some stuff-

FDS

Elite member
You can just use the receivers you are used to or already own, the multi protocol module will connect to any manufacturers ones. You simply select the external module (turn internal off) in the first model set up page, then scroll through the list until you find the manufacturer you want, for example Spektrum is DSMX. Then bind like normal, plug in the servos and if you selected fixed wing model type you will be done. All that you would need to do on top would be to select gear, flaps and add rates and expo, which is in inputs and mixer. The workflow on OpenTX is a little different, the physical gear is the same.
You need PPM servo receivers. If you are using the FRsky protocol (you don’t have to) then you want ones like this, you are likely looking at Sbus receivers for quads which don’t use servos.

Thanks! I think I am getting it now. So is 8 channels the most a ppm receiver can support?

You can just use the receivers you are used to or already own, the multi protocol module will connect to any manufacturers ones. You simply select the external module (turn internal off) in the first model set up page, then scroll through the list until you find the manufacturer you want, for example Spektrum is DSMX. Then bind like normal, plug in the servos and if you selected fixed wing model type you will be done. All that you would need to do on top would be to select gear, flaps and add rates and expo, which is in inputs and mixer. The workflow on OpenTX is a little different, the physical gear is the same.
You need PPM servo receivers. If you are using the FRsky protocol (you don’t have to) then you want ones like this, you are likely looking at Sbus receivers for quads which don’t use servos.

Thanks! I am actually doing a lot of searching and researching on this. The confusing part is there's a lot of info relating to drone receivers and not so much about fixed wings. Not knowing much about either, it's a bit overwhelming, but I'll keep at it.

If you need more than an eight channel PWM RX to control servos or ESC's, you're probably going to need either multiple RX's or a PPM/SBUS to PWM converter. I tried a quick google search for "pwm receiver with more than eight channels" and got results for 8 ch RX's or PPM->PWM converters:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pwm...rome..69i57.7543j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
You can do it easily enough but why on earth would you need more than 8 servo channels? The FRsky units are designed to work in multiple using the SBUS out, you get channels 1-8 on the regular receiver, then link another via SBUS (it’s just a plug) then convert the channels 9-16 into another 8 servo channels with a PWM converter.

Thanks for the info! I don't need more than 8 currently, just trying to figure it all out. What I really want is 8 channels and telemetry that can be displayed on the T16 screen.

You can do it easily enough but why on earth would you need more than 8 servo channels? The FRsky units are designed to work in multiple using the SBUS out, you get channels 1-8 on the regular receiver, then link another via SBUS (it’s just a plug) then convert the channels 9-16 into another 8 servo channels with a PWM converter.

FDS

Elite member
Thats easy, you just buy the telemetry sensors you want and they plug in to the RX. There was another thread about this recently. There’s FRsky ESC’s that have battery voltage built in.
You can get a complete Lemon RX telemetry pack for about $50 with a 7ch receiver, battery voltage, altitude all in one bundle and use the DSMX option in the multi module.
FRsky sensor packs.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Thanks! I am actually doing a lot of searching and researching on this. The confusing part is there's a lot of info relating to drone receivers and not so much about fixed wings. Not knowing much about either, it's a bit overwhelming, but I'll keep at it.

Yep, there's a lot in this hobby that can easily overwhelm you with information before you even get off the ground! That's why a good option is to KISS. Keep it simple, straightforward.

You can even use those drone type SBUS/PPM receivers in planes, especially planes with flight controllers on them... so... as with most technology, there are multiple ways to do things. Often times, keeping to the simple way is the best approach.

If you're already in the hobby and have more equipment besides the TX, you might try binding the TX to what you have before building something new. If not, perhaps getting an inexpensive off-the-shelf plane that already has a receiver in it that is compatible might be a good start just so that you don't have to not only figure out the programming, but build and configure the plane itself.

Even simpler, I would first try connecting the TX to a computer flight simulator (RC or otherwise) and setting it up to make sure you can use it to control a simulated RC aircraft. That's also a good route for learning to program the TX and experimenting with it.

Reactions: FDS