Jumper T16 Help

FDS

Elite member
@datamichael That setting should work with all DSMX receivers. You might have to vary the latency (Ms) but the rest is right.
I had the same frustrating start with OpenTX and the module, stick with it, once you work it out you won’t want to go back to fixed protocol radios ever again.
There need to be some better set up videos for Jumper TX’s tho.

Last edited:
I already bought one - and I love it!
Yes, it doesn't instantly boot up, but once booted just use sleep mode. No reason to turn it off if using it for the day. Menus and super intuitive and easy to set up. Also, the radio itself - the rf portion - works instantly before the OS loads.

I highly recommend it.

Umm...As an ix12 owner, I would not recommend it unless you specifically need 12 channels. It is VERY slow to start up, as it has to launch Android OS first, and then it launches the Spektrum Airware app. It can take 5 minutes to start up from the time you press (and hold) the power button until the time it boots the model up.

I would recommend the DX9, or if you need more channels, the DX18. The ix12 is really not a great transmitter, not for the price.

Jens R. Hansen

Hi, I have programmed 10 models and suddenly all are gone on my Jumper t16 radio - only model 1 are shown. But if I look on the sd card via my computer 21 models (11 of them were testmodels I made, but 10 of them are real for my planes) are presented in the model library as bin files. So it seems that the sd card are ok and it have also many other libraries presented.
But I cannot import them via companion and the T16 does not see them. I am new in this field and have not backed it up in companion. It was my first programming in open tx and I have used a lot of time to get it to work. Any possibility to get the programs back ? I have set the radio setup as the Frsky horus x10 in companion.
Kind regards Jens Hansen - Denmark

bracesport

Legendary member
@Jens R. Hansen - hi there - I imagine you can manually copy the files from the TxSD card onto your SD card on the computer for the companion to read - I also have my companion set to Horus, but I don't think that is critical - let me know how you get on! :D

Damig

Maybe my JUMPER T16PRO Jan 16 2020 did not COME with internal multi, although boot loader works and the options are in the setup area. How can I check, because I thought this would work in dsmx /spectrum/orange rx/ redcom rx and evening the NEw antenna less rx from spectrum.
lost in space...... “NO BIND for YOU”
🤣 roflmao

FDS

Elite member
You can tell because it will have a module plugged into the bay on the back if TX the pre internal version. You need to find the right protocol in the setup menu, which will be on internal not external in the sub menus there if you have a later one. Don’t worry about updating firmware and I certainly wouldn’t reflash the multi module. Get it working first. My T12 is still on the firmware it shipped with, stays bound to DSMX pre built Horizon Hobby and DSMX or DSM2 LemonRX receivers.

Damig

It will, My T8SG V2+ has the same chipset in it and it works perfectly with Flysky receiver, telemetry and all.

Hello Caroline, I have been able to Bind to the spectrum radio set, but I have a Quad that has FrSky. I have tried many options and I cannot bind. I wonder if there is a button I need to try (silly, but tongue in cheek)

I have looked at the topic of "Tuning and Fine Tuning" and they require BIND. (how ironic)

Other than having a Frsky rx that is bad, failsafes/throttle position//level ground accelerametor set incorrectly/ARM switch not set?

Boy, I almost talked my self out of flying the "real quad' and going back to "Nano Drone" haha

Thoughts?

Thanks, Frank

Damig

Maybe my JUMPER T16PRO Jan 16 2020 did not COME with internal multi, although boot loader works and the options are in the setup area. How can I check, because I thought this would work in dsmx /spectrum/orange rx/ redcom rx and evening the NEw antenna less rx from spectrum.
lost in space...... “NO BIND for YOU”
🤣 roflmao

I did select the INTERNAL: went back to the DSMX and found the module working now. SUCCESS... thank you all for your help

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hello Caroline, I have been able to Bind to the spectrum radio set, but I have a Quad that has FrSky. I have tried many options and I cannot bind. I wonder if there is a button I need to try (silly, but tongue in cheek)

I have looked at the topic of "Tuning and Fine Tuning" and they require BIND. (how ironic)

Other than having a Frsky rx that is bad, failsafes/throttle position//level ground accelerametor set incorrectly/ARM switch not set?

Boy, I almost talked my self out of flying the "real quad' and going back to "Nano Drone" haha

Thoughts?

Thanks, Frank
Sorry, but my radio uses Deviation firmware - I have no OpenTX experience. To bind FrSky I tend to use D16 mode with the FCC encoding as I have all my FrSky receivers updated to FCC (hate the EU-LBT mode). Some smaller quads need D8 which is not legal at all in the EU but no trouble for the multi-module chipset :)