Jumper TX8 v2 Cliff Notes and Mini Review

RC_pete

(This is really just an FYI for someone in the same situation) OK more whining.....the transmitter that's supposed to connect with everything isn't going to. Someone gave me a plane with a Tactic receiver and I thought "great" I can use my Jumper and I won't have to put another receiver in it. Wrong....the Jumper doesn't have the Tactic protocol. Oh well...
It connects with lots. I will agree that I wish there was more info or videos available. First I will solve your problem and then I will ask my own question. The T8SG plus will link with a tactic receiver. I just linked my second one to double check. On my TR624 there is a link hole. Find something not to sharp that fits down it. You will feel a click. Attach power while it is clicked down. The receiver is in bind mode. On the transmitter do all the normal things for a new model, picture, 150mw, name, etc. Then when you go to protocol select SLT. (you can do this ahead of time to make things easier). With the receiver in bind mode then just down arrow to re-init and hit enter. You should get a solid link light on the receiver. Power it down. Go to main screen on your transmitter and then power the receiver up.

RC_pete

@CarolineTyler you seem pretty knowledgeable so I am hoping you can help me. Or anyone else. I have a number of transmitter but I am hoping to use the T8SG for my small drones, UMX park fliers and oddball projects. It is nice, small and easy to carry over to the park. I am converting a cheap boat that had dual jet motors from the crappy chinese transmitter it was sold with. I have two brushless ESC's and a 3 channel receiver in it. On my Spektrum or Taranis I think this would be easier but I just want differential thrust on the throttle stick. Using rudder(yaw) for steering. I have throttle working on channel 1 and 2 so I can get it to go in a straight line. Now I just want to mix rudder into those inputs. I haven't found a video on how to do that and the way deviation works hasn't clicked in my brain yet.

RC_pete

@danskis getting the T8SG to bind with things does take research and trial and error. I had two GT2 receivers that I wanted to use with boats and bind with my GT5 pistol grip but I discovered that the GT2 uses AFHDS and the GT5 transmitter uses AFHDS 2A. I guess there is no backwards compatibility. Well the T8SG has AFHDS but it is not called that. You have to use Flysky with sub tab None. The it binds. I also have a CX20 receiver that was inside a Quanum Nova drone that I bought from HobbyKing as a PNP so it didn't come with transmitter. I pulled the receiver wondering if I could ever get a chance to use it. As it turns out on the T8SG transmitter under the Flysky protocol there are four sub-types and one is CX20. It bound so I get to reuse the receiver in something.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
@CarolineTyler you seem pretty knowledgeable so I am hoping you can help me. Or anyone else. I have a number of transmitter but I am hoping to use the T8SG for my small drones, UMX park fliers and oddball projects. It is nice, small and easy to carry over to the park. I am converting a cheap boat that had dual jet motors from the crappy chinese transmitter it was sold with. I have two brushless ESC's and a 3 channel receiver in it. On my Spektrum or Taranis I think this would be easier but I just want differential thrust on the throttle stick. Using rudder(yaw) for steering. I have throttle working on channel 1 and 2 so I can get it to go in a straight line. Now I just want to mix rudder into those inputs. I haven't found a video on how to do that and the way deviation works hasn't clicked in my brain yet.
Just make each channel for the motors "complex" and two mixes.
Page 1 assign the throttle on both. (Replace)
Page 2 add rudder to one and rudder! To the other, scale it to around 50% and on each channel set the max to +100. Somax throttle+rudder doesn't push the output above 100

danskis

Master member
@RC_pete - thanks for the response on binding the receiver. Unfortunately (actually it was a good thing) I got rid of that transmitter 9 months ago - which kind of proves my point that information is scarce and not timely. I didn't think it was fair to constantly impose on Caroline for information.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
@RC_pete - thanks for the response on binding the receiver. Unfortunately (actually it was a good thing) I got rid of that transmitter 9 months ago - which kind of proves my point that information is scarce and not timely. I didn't think it was fair to constantly impose on Caroline for information.
Hey, it's fine. I will be moving over to a TX16S from Radiomaster and hence embracing OpenTX. Deviation is a super bit of transmitter software, a good mid point between the Spectrum fix stuff and the do what the hell you want OpenTX.