Help! Junior Telemaster - landing gear dimensions?

MarkPrima

I'm just finishing up my scratch built Junior Telemaster (Outer Zone) and I think I've made the landing gear too small. Would anyone have the dimensions for a landing gear for the Junior Tele?
I may "wing it" (pun intended) and come up with my own design but if anyone has built a landing gear for the Junior Telemaster that would like to share the dimensions, that would be great.
Here's some photos :)
IMG_0623.jpg IMG_0624.jpg
~Cheers and happy building

Figure9

Elite member
I'm just finishing up my scratch built Junior Telemaster (Outer Zone) and I think I've made the landing gear too small. Would anyone have the dimensions for a landing gear for the Junior Tele?
I may "wing it" (pun intended) and come up with my own design but if anyone has built a landing gear for the Junior Telemaster that would like to share the dimensions, that would be great.
Here's some photos :)
View attachment 161196 View attachment 161197
~Cheers and happy building

Nice build! The gear looks good to me. Are you concerned about wheel size or the leg length? I made wire gear for my ‘Bloody Mess’ that work well. All I did was rotate the prop to vertical & determine how much I wanted it to clear in 3 point position. Other than that one might want the prop to clear in a fuselage level position, obviously so the prop remains clear if you lift the tail on take off or do wheel landings. I like your idea to use your own design. I 1st used hot glue for wheel retention, didn’t like it because the wheels bound. Tried FT retainers but they didn’t hold on the the axle very well. Finally, I tried wooden beads hand drilled to a tight fit & that worked.
Great graphics!
5C2CA8C0-55E0-435B-8ADC-F5306DBE9CC3.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkPrima

Thanks @Figure9 - yes I did as you mentioned about clearing the prop. Just concerned that it isn't wide enough.
I had a thought, what I'll do is measure the one on my Senior Tele and scale it down. I'll use the fuselage width as a guide.
Oh thanks about the graphics, I have a Silhouette vinyl cutter but was a chore to position it. I'm now working on the Tele 40 and plan on making the same graphic for the wing.

Figure9

Elite member
In the wee hours of the morning, I came up with a design for the landing gear. I plan on making it with 1/8"X1" aluminum.
This will be for the Junior Telemaster but maybe someone will find the measurements useful, my inspiration came from https://grabcad.com/library/landing-gear-for-rc-aircraft-1

Spring design 1

Spring design 2

Nice drawings, I like what you have there. I wonder if the aluminum would be strong enough without the spring system? Is that aluminum in the pics you posted?

MarkPrima

Nice drawings, I like what you have there. I wonder if the aluminum would be strong enough without the spring system? Is that aluminum in the pics you posted?
Hey thanks. Yes, perhaps it will be strong enough with out the spring. I'll give it a try.
I find it handy to have a printed template to get the angles correct.