• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Junkers 87B-2 Stuka

I made this Stuka last year for FliteFest Ohio 2018. I also made plans but I do have to say that they are not complete and you would have to be crafty to make it yourself. I had a blast creating and designing it with my dad. I am working on a second stuka for FliteFest Ohio 2019 with a scale cockpit, bomb drop, spinning dummy sirens on the landing gear, split wing flaps, and lots of bells and whistles. I plan to add a siren but I'm not sure how it will work out by using a whistle and basically a kazoo. Newer stuff is at the bottom. _DSC0001F.jpg _DSC0011F.jpg _DSC0249NF.jpg _DSC0255NF.jpg _DSC0293NF.jpg _DSC0298NF.jpg _DSC0294NF.jpg IMG_3221.JPG IMG_3235.JPG IMG_3158.JPG IMG_3125.JPG

Attachments

kilroy07

Another awesome build, looks great!

Can’t wait to see this one fly too! I was there last year when you were showing your first to Josh... I think he was amazed as we all were!

Welcome to the family.
Looking forward to seeing more from you two (not that my current build list is lacking any!) 😂

kilroy07

I bet you could get a servo to turn on a speaker box thingy (no clue what they are actually called) for your siren.
Yea, what about that?!!
A smal midi player (you can get them as small as 1/4” square) set to a mercury switch set so that whenever it dives it played a clip.

I tried 3D printing a siren off of thingiverse (cause who doesn’t want a Stunka with a siren?!) but wasn’t having much luck.... maybe we are just over thinking this by trying to replicate the siren mechanically...

Great idea Spacefarer!! 👍👍

Man, that is one nice looking Stuka! It would be a great addition to the master series they're starting right now.
I think this Stuka is just too complex for a kit. The plans dont even have all of the pieces on them yet. But, I have other ideas for planes in the master series...

Soo excited. Man you could annoy the heck out of some people with an EDF and a kazoo...

(Evil laugh)

i mean uh... that would be very umm... scale?

LOL really excited

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Mentor
The Stuka has always been my favorite plane in a long long list of many.

Second is the EA6b Prowler. I LOVED watching them launch and trap on the Nimitz.

Your Stuka will go on my soon as I learn to fly list to be built. Hopefully by summers end.

The Stuka has always been my favorite plane in a long long list of many.

Second is the EA6b Prowler. I LOVED watching them launch and trap on the Nimitz.

Your Stuka will go on my soon as I learn to fly list to be built. Hopefully by summers end.
I'm excited to see how it comes out! I will say though that this built is like a master series within the master series itself. I would be happy to help you along with the build for any questions when the plans are finalized.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Mentor
Oh Im fine on the building skills. I have made models since I was like 8yrs old.

The flying of fixed wing is what trips me up for now.