Junkers 87B-2 Stuka

Niez13

Elite member
I made this Stuka last year for FliteFest Ohio 2018. I also made plans but I do have to say that they are not complete and you would have to be crafty to make it yourself. I had a blast creating and designing it with my dad. I am working on a second stuka for FliteFest Ohio 2019 with a scale cockpit, bomb drop, spinning dummy sirens on the landing gear, split wing flaps, and lots of bells and whistles. I plan to add a siren but I'm not sure how it will work out by using a whistle and basically a kazoo. Newer stuff is at the bottom.
_DSC0001F.jpg
_DSC0011F.jpg
_DSC0249NF.jpg
_DSC0255NF.jpg
_DSC0293NF.jpg
_DSC0298NF.jpg
_DSC0294NF.jpg
IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3235.JPG
IMG_3158.JPG
IMG_3125.JPG

Attachments

• Stuka Plans Scale FT Final.ai
    3.5 MB · Views: 0

kilroy07

Legendary member
Another awesome build, looks great!

Can’t wait to see this one fly too! I was there last year when you were showing your first to Josh... I think he was amazed as we all were!

Welcome to the family.
Looking forward to seeing more from you two (not that my current build list is lacking any!) 😂

FDS

Elite member
To do your siren I would use a mini EDF and a kazoo? That’s beautiful work on both those planes.

Spacefarer

I bet you could get a servo to turn on a speaker box thingy (no clue what they are actually called) for your siren.

Reactions: FDS

kilroy07

Legendary member
I bet you could get a servo to turn on a speaker box thingy (no clue what they are actually called) for your siren.
Yea, what about that?!!
A smal midi player (you can get them as small as 1/4” square) set to a mercury switch set so that whenever it dives it played a clip.

I tried 3D printing a siren off of thingiverse (cause who doesn’t want a Stunka with a siren?!) but wasn’t having much luck.... maybe we are just over thinking this by trying to replicate the siren mechanically...

Great idea Spacefarer!! 👍👍

Niez13

Elite member
To do your siren I would use a mini EDF and a kazoo? That’s beautiful work on both those planes.
The problem with putting that on is space and weight because it's a little heavy and I'm sure it would fly well.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Man, that is one nice looking Stuka! It would be a great addition to the master series they're starting right now.

Niez13

Elite member
Man, that is one nice looking Stuka! It would be a great addition to the master series they're starting right now.
I think this Stuka is just too complex for a kit. The plans dont even have all of the pieces on them yet. But, I have other ideas for planes in the master series...

Reactions: FDS

IcedStorm777

Soo excited. Man you could annoy the heck out of some people with an EDF and a kazoo...

(Evil laugh)

i mean uh... that would be very umm... scale?

LOL really excited

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The Stuka has always been my favorite plane in a long long list of many.

Second is the EA6b Prowler. I LOVED watching them launch and trap on the Nimitz.

Your Stuka will go on my soon as I learn to fly list to be built. Hopefully by summers end.

Niez13

Elite member
The Stuka has always been my favorite plane in a long long list of many.

Second is the EA6b Prowler. I LOVED watching them launch and trap on the Nimitz.

Your Stuka will go on my soon as I learn to fly list to be built. Hopefully by summers end.
I'm excited to see how it comes out! I will say though that this built is like a master series within the master series itself. I would be happy to help you along with the build for any questions when the plans are finalized.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh Im fine on the building skills. I have made models since I was like 8yrs old.

The flying of fixed wing is what trips me up for now.

smiling albert

Hi
Just spotted this,amazing!
Am particularly interested in how you made the wheels,not quite sure how you did it.
What gauge wire didyou use
On page 9of the plans is that a plan view of the wire bent into a funny g shape .
Does it then have 2 vertical pieces which fit either side of the wheel
If you have any more pictures I’m sure that would explain it!
Sorry,am a bit of a dummy! Thanks

Niez13

Elite member
Hi
Just spotted this,amazing!
Am particularly interested in how you made the wheels,not quite sure how you did it.
What gauge wire didyou use
On page 9of the plans is that a plan view of the wire bent into a funny g shape .
Does it then have 2 vertical pieces which fit either side of the wheel
If you have any more pictures I’m sure that would explain it!
Sorry,am a bit of a dummy! Thanks
Thanks you! Yeah the landing gear is probably the most complicated part of the whole airplane. That “G” shape of just how you bend the wire. The photo should help explain it a little better too. I made a couple of wood pieces to the have the wheel pants fit over them for support for the wheel. I am not sure what size wire I used but I do know is the medium thickness wire that FT sells. The wheel is just attached to landing gear wire that goes through each sides of the wood pieces. These pieces should really help with the explanation.
C0CA81C5-4100-4090-B7D6-344D06DB8C57.png D40F98D7-AE07-4320-BE62-45C87E7600F7.jpeg 3BDBFCD7-5BE1-4DF6-9AFC-E6F227C26A7A.jpeg 715F22A4-6EF9-4CD0-A980-E9BD25E92521.jpeg 0138E105-4E6F-4DFB-AA3D-5BE3A2AD4722.jpeg

smiling albert

Hi thanks
So is the g shaped wire resting on some plywood glued to the inside of the wing so as to spread the load out when landing?