Just a couple cuts that required Super Glue

Jake Wells

I think it hurts more to crash. Yeah I'd rather take the hit, nothing a little super glue can't fix.

photo.JPG photo3.JPG photo4.JPG photo6.JPG photocut.JPG photocut2.JPG

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Ouch - what prop was that? Anyways, if you can walk around with all those tattoos, a couple of cuts won't hurt :p

tramsgar

Hope you're not (becoming) allergic to that stuff, Jake. Heal well.

(Looks like a guy who walked up to me yesterday, asking "you think I need stiches?". I answered "yes", but now I see that i should've grabbed my CA for him.)

Jake Wells

Two separate days in the same week. I've been working on a H-Copter project and caught the copter before it smashed into the house once and a tree. Didn't want to start over. I live in the mountains and have to order props so breaking or cracking a prop was not an option. The second time I knew it wouldn't hurt but I was hoping to reach under the blade but as you can see I didn't quite achieve my hopes.

Jake Wells

Hope you're not (becoming) allergic to that stuff, Jake. Heal well.

(Looks like a guy who walked up to me yesterday, asking "you think I need stiches?". I answered "yes", but now I see that i should've grabbed my CA for him.)

Stiches are old school. The docs started using superglue on facial lacerations when I was in the Navy so I figured why even go through the additional pain of stitches. Plus my health insurance is non existent.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Stiches are old school. The docs started using superglue on facial lacerations when I was in the Navy so I figured why even go through the additional pain of stitches. Plus my health insurance is non existent.
Are you a Vietnam veteran? Respect!
Story

But remember that there are different CA -only use "odorless" variant. I think than it is the same as the "foamsafe".

tramsgar

Yea a nurse friend of ours glued a few gaps in the forehead on our kid, turned out pretty... how should I put it... un-optimal, cosmetically. I guess they'd done the same in the ER (where the friend works anyways). But stitches are old school only in the sense that they're time consuming; the results are much better when done with skill.

Too bad about your non-existent insurance. (I thought that was fixed by the current administration, but as I see the can of worms here just regard me as being an ignorant foreigner.)

Jake Wells

Yea a nurse friend of ours glued a few gaps in the forehead on our kid, turned out pretty... how should I put it... un-optimal, cosmetically. I guess they'd done the same in the ER (where the friend works anyways). But stitches are old school only in the sense that they're time consuming; the results are much better when done with skill.

Too bad about your non-existent insurance. (I thought that was fixed by the current administration, but as I see the can of worms here just regard me as being an ignorant foreigner.)

Yeah I don't think the Obama care thing will ever happen. It does make people freak out thou. lol. I got the Dollar store and Jesus so I'm good.

Jake

Jake Wells

Are you a Vietnam veteran? Respect!
Story

But remember that there are different CA -only use "odorless" variant. I think than it is the same as the "foamsafe".

Thanks for the tip. No not a Vietnam vet, that's my dad. I'm a Desert Storm - Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet. I was a Diesel Engineer on 3 different ships. USS Paul F. Foster (DD964), USS Lake Champlain (CG57), USS Rushmore (LSD47). Never closer than a mile from Iraq. We did drop off a whole bunch of Marines and picked up less than we dropped off. Respect should go to them not me. But thank you for the gesture. :)

Jake

Eugene king

Thanks for the tip. No not a Vietnam vet, that's my dad. I'm a Desert Storm - Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet. I was a Diesel Engineer on 3 different ships. USS Paul F. Foster (DD964), USS Lake Champlain (CG57), USS Rushmore (LSD47). Never closer than a mile from Iraq. We did drop off a whole bunch of Marines and picked up less than we dropped off. Respect should go to them not me. But thank you for the gesture. :)

Jake

I was on the USS sanjacinto CG56 back then. (GSE1SW)

I get my stitches out today from a sever beating from a 8*4 prop when the motor pulled off its mount.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 249

MrClean

Just be aware, yes they use CA to close wounds, but make sure you know your wound. I know a guy whose 4 stroke through the prop and it hit him in his abdomen. He looked at the apparently 1/4 to 3/8 inch cut, laughed and grabbed the super glue and glued it tight. In 2 hours, with a swollen abdomen because of the knicked vessel inside finding everyplace except the correct space for his blood to pool, he got rushed to the hospital where they cut him wide open, fixed the leak, gave him a transfusion or plasma I really don't know which, and then proceeded not only to sew up their entry path but to cut around his hack job and stitch that mess together.

Doesn't look from your photo like you knicked any tendons or anything else, but be careful and don't cause more problems then what you already have by accident. Remember, right after a major wound is not the best time for you to make important decisions.

Don't like to sound hypocritical on this though. I handle a whole bunch of paper each day. I don't presently have a paper cut that has superglue on it, but I usually do. Man I hate papercut.

Last edited: