• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Just bought my first TX, Flysky i6x

kdobson83

I LOVE my i6x. The only reason I moved to Spektrum DX8e was because I wanted gyro Rx's and the ability to bind-n-fly to Spektrum models. Still have my i6x tho, use it as back up and a training TX for my son and wife.

I did have 1 issue with mine tho. Easily fixable but it did cause me to total my FT Cub. The throttle/rudder stick went bad and caused the rudder servo to go wonky when moving the throttle. I didn't catch it until after I crashed and brought up the screen that shows the movements of the channels when you move sticks or switches. I noticed the rudder channel going bonkers when I moved the throttle.
Simple fix tho. eBay/banggood has the gimbals for like $8-10 US. Took about 10 minutes to swap out.

Anyway, it's a good radio. Solid choice for entry level.

kdobson83

Good choice. Exact same one I currently use. Also my first Tx. Have not had a single problem yet with it and intend to pass it on to my son once he's a few years older. Looking at the Flysky Nirvana for when I want to step up/upgrade too.
That Nirvana looks really cool but I don't see trim switches on it. How do you adjust trim in flight like you would with a regular TX?

messyhead

This arrived today! A pity I don't have anything to use it with yet.

First impressions, are it seems pretty solid. it's lighter than I thought it would be. I've never had a Tx before, and somehow expected them to be heavy.

One of the first things I did was turn round the tops of the control sticks. Whoever thought those little jaggy crowns were a good idea, needs a rethink. I need to update the firmware too (I think).

I'm having trouble getting Real Flight installed though. Seems there's one corrupt or unreadable file on my DVD. It's sversion G4.5 that I had anyway, so it's a bit out of date.

That Nirvana looks really cool but I don't see trim switches on it. How do you adjust trim in flight like you would with a regular TX?
Sorry took so long to reply. Life got in the way a little bit. There are 2 small sort of gimbal buttons above the main gimbal that act as in flight trims from the research I have done. Hope this helps. Buttons do both the vertical and horizontal trims for each gimbal in one button.