Just bought my first TX, Flysky i6x

kdobson83

I LOVE my i6x. The only reason I moved to Spektrum DX8e was because I wanted gyro Rx's and the ability to bind-n-fly to Spektrum models. Still have my i6x tho, use it as back up and a training TX for my son and wife.

I did have 1 issue with mine tho. Easily fixable but it did cause me to total my FT Cub. The throttle/rudder stick went bad and caused the rudder servo to go wonky when moving the throttle. I didn't catch it until after I crashed and brought up the screen that shows the movements of the channels when you move sticks or switches. I noticed the rudder channel going bonkers when I moved the throttle.
Simple fix tho. eBay/banggood has the gimbals for like $8-10 US. Took about 10 minutes to swap out.

Anyway, it's a good radio. Solid choice for entry level.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Awesome! That's what I started out with too.

Pretty easy menu, if you need any help setting something up (like Diff thrust) just ask!
This is a great entry level radio and I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Tonero311

Good choice. Exact same one I currently use. Also my first Tx. Have not had a single problem yet with it and intend to pass it on to my son once he's a few years older. Looking at the Flysky Nirvana for when I want to step up/upgrade too.

kdobson83

Good choice. Exact same one I currently use. Also my first Tx. Have not had a single problem yet with it and intend to pass it on to my son once he's a few years older. Looking at the Flysky Nirvana for when I want to step up/upgrade too.
That Nirvana looks really cool but I don't see trim switches on it. How do you adjust trim in flight like you would with a regular TX?

messyhead

This arrived today! A pity I don't have anything to use it with yet.

First impressions, are it seems pretty solid. it's lighter than I thought it would be. I've never had a Tx before, and somehow expected them to be heavy.

One of the first things I did was turn round the tops of the control sticks. Whoever thought those little jaggy crowns were a good idea, needs a rethink. I need to update the firmware too (I think).

I'm having trouble getting Real Flight installed though. Seems there's one corrupt or unreadable file on my DVD. It's sversion G4.5 that I had anyway, so it's a bit out of date.

Tonero311

That Nirvana looks really cool but I don't see trim switches on it. How do you adjust trim in flight like you would with a regular TX?
Sorry took so long to reply. Life got in the way a little bit. There are 2 small sort of gimbal buttons above the main gimbal that act as in flight trims from the research I have done. Hope this helps. Buttons do both the vertical and horizontal trims for each gimbal in one button.

FDS

Elite member
When your hands are clammy from maiden flight nerves you will want those textured sticks caps.